• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

T-Jack

james_walleye

Childress finally opened things up in the 2nd half and its just as i've been saying, if Jackson is put in a position to succeed he can be a decent QB. His first half was rotten. In the 2nd half he was allowed to throw the ball on something other than 3rd and 7 and threw it well. Hopefully Childress will carry that mentality through the season now. He still could get more creative as Jaworski stated, but the 2nd half was an improvement. 2 TD drives and another drive that Jackson took them down the field on his arm and for some reason on a 3rd and 3 decided to run it but still got the FG. He sure took a beating tonight but stood in there well in the 2nd half. It would have been interesting if the vikings wouldnt have given up the punt return. What a killer in a close game. Their schedule doesnt get any better, they better get things shaken out or a 1-4 start could be in the future. Anyone else get annoyed with Kornheiser? He couldnt leave the Rodgers/Favre comparison alone for 1 segment.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kornhole is the worst!

I really don't agree with your assessment of T-Jack though, he couldn't hit on ANY of the long passes as he was horribly innacurate and threw into coverage multiple times and when we needed him most he threw an INT right to a Packer for an EASY game ender. He's not improved at all...

I will give some credit to Jackson in that he had someone in his face quite a bit on the passing downs and still got the ball off without lobbing it up like he has in the past. I couldn't see if his eyes were closed or not though. grin Either the Vikings OL wasn't doing very well, or the Packers DL was dominating because they were on him quite a bit.

In the 2nd half he did things that we've not seen before, mainly in the consistency area. He was much more composed and threw some lasers for completions. As i've said it helps any QB to be put in a position to succeed. In the 2nd half he was in a much better position to succeed and i thought he threw the ball pretty well facing some serious heat and against what is one of the best defenses in the game. If Chilly continues to give him those opportunities this team will be much better off and Jackson will have a nice season.

I wouldn't count him out just yet. He did pretty well tonight considering who they were playing. The Packers have a very good defense. I thought for the most part the Pack were playing very good coverage, and couple that with good pressure on the QB, nobody is going to have a very good day.

I thought T-Jack did alright tonight -- not great but was anyone expecting him to be great? He had a nice 2nd half, good enough to win, and like some others have pointed out he didn't have much pass protection on a lot of plays.

We NEED a tight-end, Shiancoe is terrible. On the interception that ended the game T-Jack was throwing to Shiancoe and it looked like Shiancoe cut off his route (Jaws called him on it). Plus there was the Shiancoe tip that took a touchdown away from Berrian and the Shiancoe drop that Chili reviewed and lost a time out for. Seems like Shiancoe is in the middle of plays that go the wrong way for the Vikes in every game they play.

I am not sure Tarvaris Jackson will ever be a decent NFL QB, and tonight showed why. Jackson looked horrible in the first half, but as I and others pointed out the line was not doing a good job protecting him. No QB can consistently make good throws when his pocket never forms, and the pass rush did not give him time to set his feet and make a good throw. I also praised him in another thread for making better decisions, such as taking the sack or throwing the ball out of bounds rather than lobbing one up there for grabs.

In the second half, Jackson looked better, as did his o-line's pass-blocking. Several of his good passes were dropped by receivers, which is obviously not his fault. At times, though, Jackson was still off, especially on long balls where he and his receivers never have looked in sync. The final INT was one of those times, where it looked like Shiancoe (I agree, he stinks) and Jackson were running two different plays.

I believe Jackson was rushed in to the starter job too early last year. He was a D-IAA QB who should have had another year of carrying the clipboard before seeing action in a meaningful game. That said, he does need to make good throws consistently, and Jackson has not yet done that. I say give him this season (not just the first half tonight) to show he can make use of his talent.

And anyone who thinks putting John David Booty in now is a good idea was not only not paying any attention this pre-season, when Booty was horrible, but they were not paying attention to the Vikings' roster moves. The Vikings have a veteran defense built to win now, and wasting those investments while Booty learns the ropes makes less sense than leaving Jackson in there.

By the way, where was the Vikings' sixty million dollar defense tonight? Aaron Rodgers had about two minutes to sit in the pocket while Allen, Kevin Williams, and the rest of the hyped Viking "D" never got anywhere near him. The Vikings' highly touted run defense gave up a fifty-seven yard run that set up the winning TD for the Packers. The special teams also broke down and gave Green Bay a punt return for a TD. Ripping on Tarvaris Jackson, fair or not, ignores the other problems the Vikings had tonight. Ultimately, the blame for tonight's loss rests with coaching and management, not Tarvaris Jackson.

This game made me sick. I don't understand why Shianco is still around, he sucks, I called it out last year...and he still sucks. T-jack spent half the day on the ground or running for his life, even Payton struggled with that against the bears. And exactly, where is our 50 mil $ D? Rodgers got touched maybe once, twice?

I love the Vikes, but man something is wrong with this game...hard to pinpoint it...but I mostly blame shainco for not catching things that most recieving TEs in the league can catch, and the o line looked horrible blocking for T-jack.

T-jack not that good...but it doesn't help him when hes constantly being rushed and his recievers dropping balls like they dipped their hands in butter.

ugh, im sick now. Shainco sux

my rant...sorry

We NEED a tight-end, Shiancoe is terrible. On the interception that ended the game T-Jack was throwing to Shiancoe and it looked like Shiancoe cut off his route (Jaws called him on it). Plus there was the Shiancoe tip that took a touchdown away from Berrian and the Shiancoe drop that Chili reviewed and lost a time out for. Seems like Shiancoe is in the middle of plays that go the wrong way for the Vikes in every game they play.

Ditto.

Mills looks like twice the tight end.

Can someone, ANYONE, tell me where he was throwing that last pass?????

#1 take care of the ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not saying it was a good pass, but he was forced to release it high because there was a d-lineman with his hand up in his passing lane. Again not saying it was a good pass, but even the great Brett Favre couldn't have thrown that ball through the dude's hand.

I thought he looked pretty good in the 2nd half. There were a few dropped balls that were right where they needed to be. Also a couple of bad ref calls. When he was put into good passing situations (most of the 2nd half) his short and mid range passes were accurate, except for the INT obviously. His rushing ability showed and I thought he handled the good outside pressure well. Kampman was all over the field last night. A general comment, but Chili called a horrible first half; just putrid.

My one big knock on Tjack is that I don't believe he has the touch to throw the long ball. I don't think that's something you can learn. Maybe he can get the timing improved with one or two of the receivers, but I don't see him getting a lot more accurate in this area. IF the defense and running game can get to NFL elite status, then we might not need a deep passing game. I'm not selling them out yet, could be a good team still.

Oh, nice game JAllen!