• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Any one know of new lakes "freezing out " lately?

fishdog

I'm wondering if very many unplaned "Freese outs" are happening around the state. Albert Lea Lake had a SEVERE fish kill this past week. I saw Thousands of Game fish Dieing along with "million's" of roughfish. Sad to see them sufficate to death, but a whole lot of fun to spear them.(A quicker death for them).It felt weird spearing walleyes, Just seemed unlawfill though it wasnt. There were Huge fish taken ,by the truck load (realy) saw a 14lb+ walleye, and hundreds over 8lbs, a 24lb ,northern a 30lb channel catfish. I was only there 5hrs and it lasted for 2 days (Gamefish being there) there is still wall to wall roughfish being killed , Its unlimited till the end of this month.

Im wondering if there are very many other lakes that were "frozen out" Freeborn County had 3, but the other ones were planed on.

Thanks,
Fishdog

------------------

can it be luck, the fish are in the cannel by the dam. There is open water between the bridges. To bad they couldn't of put the fish in Fountain lake, it's only 20 feet from the open water where the fish are.

[This message has been edited by Deerslayer (edited 02-17-2004).]

There is also a possible winter kill on Lake Kasota near Kandiyohi, MN. Its right next to little kandi and mennehaga SE of Willmar. I didn't go out there but I saw a article on it in the local news paper.

------------------
AKA PikeEye 300

The dnr HSOforum has a current list of lakes with liberalized fishing. Just bring up the home page and type liberalized fishing in the search box. It was the first record when I did it yesterday.