• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Season opener!!!!!! MN vs GB

Scott K

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The coaching staff needs to work on mixing up play calls and making things user friendly for Jackson.

Don't polish it up, tell it like it is. They need to DUMB IT DOWN FOR HIM. Not the sharpest tool in the shed. Actually what the need to do is hire Tanya Harding to take out his knees, that the only way you'll get childress to not start him.

A "softer" way to say it is they need to simplify the offense for TJ. But I agree with what you're saying. I don't think TJ can handle the NFL at the level it needs to be handled.

The other thing I can't belive, and it's been touched on already in this thread, is TJ's quarterbacking mechanics are still bad. I didn't see any improvement in his mechanics in Monday night's game. What's up with that!?!?! Good QB-ing all starts with good mechanics. That's 1/2 of the foundation of being a good quarterback. The other 1/2 of the foundation is mentality. Once you have a good foundation in place, it's a matter of fine-tuning the skills.

The comedian Ron White has a great saying about something you just can't fix, but I won't say it on here. I'll let someone else do that. smirk

Quote:
What gets me is how many people have bought the idea of a promised well improved team.

We are improved we certainly played a better game in Green Bay this year.

Of course if you are basing it on W-L record in Todays NFL with all parity we have only time will tell on that part.

But we are better Team this year.

I'll stick with 9-7 give or take a victory or two depending on the breaks and injury factors. I'm thinking 6-2 the 2nd half of the season whether thats enough to make the playoffs stay tuned!

Injuries always are a factor every year with teams. If Rodgers gets hurt, the season is over for the Pack. If he and the team stay healthy, I still feel good about a 10-6 season. You have to have balance with the running/passing game and a good defense. AP is a fantastic player, but if the Vikings get behind they need TJack to step it up! Are you confident that TJack and the receivers can do this? The Vikings should have another good year in stopping the run, but can they stop the pass?

Who knows who will win the division at this point?? Chicago had a huge win against the Colts. 10-6 should be enough to be the division champs.

6-2 for the Vikings in the last 8 games....I don't think so! laugh Worry about getting thru the 1st half of the season before making that predicition! crazy

He wasn't scrambling the whole game. Pass protection certainly could have been better, but he wasn't scrambling on every single pass play. Besides, you still need good mechanics even when scrambling.

Throwing with his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage, throwing off his back foot and not stepping into the throw (at times when he had pass protection), dipping his hips/legs on throws and not standing tall, and throwing from basically a side-arm position. These are some of the mechanics that haven't been improved upon which I saw Monday night.

He wasn't scrambling the whole game. Pass protection certainly could have been better, but he wasn't scrambling on every single pass play. Besides, you still need good mechanics even when scrambling.

Throwing with his feet parallel to the line of scrimmage, throwing off his back foot and not stepping into the throw (at times when he had pass protection), dipping his hips/legs on throws and not standing tall, and throwing from basically a side-arm position. These are some of the mechanics that haven't been improved upon which I saw Monday night.

I'm not sure I agree with this. I didn't see him throwing off his back foot, I thought he looked pretty good when he could take his drop, gather, and throw. There are always going to be times when the QB has to improvise, throw side arm, etc.

What do you think of Tim Tebow's mechanics? Its not pretty but he is out there making plays, and giving defenses fits.