• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Season opener!!!!!! MN vs GB

Scott K

Originally Posted By: garyc
What gets me is how many people have bought the idea of a promised well improved team.

That's a fancy way of saying "hope"

whistle

I bought into it, but I am not giving up on it yet..

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambo himself could coach this team and lose with a well below average QB....

But, everyone likes to blame the coach. First Green, then Tice, now Chilly. Chilly was the best available when we got him. We need to move forward with this team, not backwards again.

We need a QB.

You are sooo full of Cr!p

Green was a Terrible Game Day Coach!

Tice was so, so.

Chilly is wayyy to conservative to take this team anywhere!

Quote:
What gets me is how many people have bought the idea of a promised well improved team.

We are improved we certainly played a better game in Green Bay this year.

Of course if you are basing it on W-L record in Todays NFL with all parity we have only time will tell on that part.

But we are better Team this year.

I'll stick with 9-7 give or take a victory or two depending on the breaks and injury factors. I'm thinking 6-2 the 2nd half of the season whether thats enough to make the playoffs stay tuned!

Pitiful execution is all I can say, aren't we a west coast based offense? It seemed almost every throw was downfield? One drive looked nice when TJack was hitting the short passes and the next he looked like a meathead.

We had our chance at the end, to me it looked like a blown route by shiancoe, oh well there is always next week.

Atari and Al Harris both need their heads shaved. How would you like to be named after a video game system what's next Coleco? Intellivision? Commodore? Xbox? Wii? Gamecube? Playstation? I call dibs on Coleco!

Did anyone stay up and watch the Den./Oak game last night? crazy

Talk about a great game to see after a Vikes close call lose. Oak. made the Vikes look like Super Bowl contenders.

It could have been allot worse last night! wink You could have been a Raiders fan waking up this morning.

I still think the Vikes will go 8-8 or 9-7.

They have a better team than last year...but it doesn't matter when your main player (QB) is well below average.

If we had a good quarterback, like Favre, we could be a very strong playoff contender.

Yea, I bet the Jets win the Superbowl this year! .....;-)

He is trying to pass the ball more...and deep...but T-Jack can't see or hit anybody deep...so he is forced to go shoot...inside the 1st down marker.

And here I thought it was Troy Williamson's fault?

They shipped him out of town and maybe they're whittling it down to the REAL problem? After all it is "a kick-a$$ offense" to quote Childress, so it has to be personnel, right?

I have said all along that the Vikings will go .500 this year.

And, they may make the playoffs with that, but lose first round. I think the Pack will make the playoffs too, and lose first round. Unless, of course, they play each other smile

The Jets don't have near a good of team as the Vikings, but could make the playoffs this year if Favre stays healthy. It will be tough though.

The negativity in the Vikings fans is absolutely horrible. By far the biggest bandwagon folks there are.

I'm a happier person being able to jump on and off the band wagon...those purple colored glasses tend to give me a head ache every weekend grin

It's a long season and a frustrating loss for Viking fans but there is a need for some perspective for both teams. Both teams were predicted by some football analysts as Conference Semifinalists or finalists. While I'm sure one will make the playoffs, I wouldn't bet the farm on either yet (I'm saying I'm not confident in either independently and the divisional champion is a tossup after one game). They both showed some weaknesses in a game that was statistically even and ended as a GB 5 point victory.

My thoughts as a Viking rube are this after week 1:

The Vikings need to address the departure of Heath Farwell and shore up their special teams.

Jackson needs to become more comfortable with the offense after missing much of the preseason. He also needs to learn to slide so he doesn't get hurt.

The secondary needs help from Williams or from a better pass rush to cut down on the amount of time the opposing QB has.

The Vikings pass protection must work on execution, as does their pass defense. Heck, offense on general needs to work on execution. They should go out, find a way to get the ball into Peterson's hands 25+ times again in short passes or runs, and even if the other team knows its coming still stick it to them with execution.

The tackles pretty much got embarrassed on that O line. McKinnie needs to get his head straight when he comes back and start performing to the tune of his contract.

Penalties need to be cut back. It's week one so hopefully all teams improve in this category.

The coaching staff needs to work on mixing up play calls and making things user friendly for Jackson.

The whole team has to get their minds right because this first month of the season is going to be brutal schedulewise.

Shiancoe needs to work on Catching and not fumbling grin

What I saw Monday night was exactly the same type of play I saw all of last year. Great RB, marginal receivers, less than marginal QB and less than steller pass defense.

All of us Vikes fans just as well prepare ourselves for another season of 7-9 or 8-8 or at best 9-7. 'Cause this year's team isn't any different than last years except for a few new names in all the "wrong places".

He tried to pass the ball more, in the 2nd half that is. 1st half in which the play calling resembled last season, 2 completions 16 yards. 2nd half he finally starts mixing things up, 14 completions 161 yards 2 TD drives and a FG drive. Bring in your QB of choice, if the game is called like the 1st half they will fail. This is more than just Jackson, its about the situations Childress puts him in. No QB is going to succeed if 90% of the passes attempted are 3rd and 7 passes such as last season went. We'll see what week 2 brings. Is it going to be the lame playcalling we saw in the 1st half? Or will he put his QB in a situation where he can succeed like he did in the 2nd half last night. 161 yards, 2 TD drives and a FG drive in the 2nd half, Jackson held up his end in that half when Childress put him in a decent situation.