• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

deer hunting

Looks more like it should be sitting along a prison wall. Kinda looks like it's in Texas...maybe a border patrol tower?? Where is the wet bar? A TV?? GTHOH. Guess the critters don't mind the generators running. Not exactly what I would call hunting. How embarrassing.

That stand is very nice, but I agree, it is not hunting. You may as well sit in the cabin.

Most of us don't really hunt anyways, IMO. If you sit in a stand and just wait, that really isn't a hunt. With the small amount of ground to cover,(like most people have) that is the only thing you can do though.

My stand is roughly 5x5 also. I like having enough room to bring a pack with me and room to move and stand up if I want to. If you don't have private land, you don't have that choice though.

I would like to add sides and a roof to mine in case we actually do get winter one of these years.

That stand is rediculous. i could never hunt out of something like that. At my cabin we have a 12x12 stand, without carpet or a heater or anything, and although its nice as a wind break for awhile. It gets too comfortable and i find myself falling asleep alot more. Not to mention it doesnt feel as much like hunting as finding a tree and planting it right underneath it.

I would kill to have a cabin that nice!!

I agree that really isn't hunting, but if that is what you want to do, so be it. Not me though. I like taking in all the sights, sounds, fresh air etc. If I wanted each and every luxury of home, I would stay there.

I would kill to have a cabin that nice!!

I agree that really isn't hunting, but if that is what you want to do, so be it. Not me though. I like taking in all the sights, sounds, fresh air etc. If I wanted each and every luxury of home, I would stay there.

I hated it alot more 3 years ago before i shot 5 deer in 3 years out of that stand. But i would still rather walk aimlessly until i find a nice spot to sit for awhile.