• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Planning a ice fishing trip

WyoChris

I am planning an ice fishing trip for early January. I am looking to rent a sleeper that can hold 2 or 3 people. LOTW is a little too far away from the cities, so i'm looking a little closer.... maybe vermillion, winnie, or even Mille Lacs(if there is good ice).

Can anyone recommend any good places to rent from? Thanks.

Chris

If you're going to Mille Lacs I would get a hold of Appledornes or Hunter Winfields. I've fish with Paul at Appledornes and he's a great guy. Fished out of Winfields and they are great as well. I haven't used either's houses, but judging by their service, they are both top notch to deal with.

I have also went out of Hunter Winfields resort, very nice to work with, I didn't stay in one of their houses but he plowed me a spot for my house near some of his, he has some very nice units and all the ones I saw were also running nice quiet honda generators. I will definetly use his road again this winter.