• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

60's Buzz Stick

live4icefishing

Anyone out there ever hear of or seen a pole called Fil-Up Fisherman? It was made and sold in the late 60's by the Philip Co. in Haugen Wis. It's a very odd looking thing but it really works. It has a small motor in the handle, much like little elec. cars used at that time. Out of the motor is a little shaft of steel set at an offset angle so that it hits your line and vibrates it. It can be adjusted from a very little vibration to a very frantic shaking motion. It works very well with the ants that i use with skirt material tied on in the middle of the bodies. My wife found the one I have at a rummage sale, it was still like new in the display box it came in. Anyway's just wondered if any one might've seen such a thing? I think with a little refining and downsizing and 21st century tech. I can come up with a real vib. pole. Thanks and good fishing to all.

Live4icefishing:
Yes!!! I have one too. I found it while cleaning out my grandparents house in the mid '80's. I don't have the original box or a manual for it and I think it is missing parts so I never knew the age or how it works exactly. Please contact me at [email protected]. I've been curious about this thing for years.