• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Will this work for icefishing???

UPnorthFISHING

Let me speak from experience. That will NOT work for ice fishing. Here's why:

I build hovercraft. Anytime I stop anywhere, whether for gas, food or at the landing, I'm always stopped by people asking all sorts of questions. There have been many times when I've reached the river an hour or more later than I intended because of this.

Now, lets bring your beast into consideration. You make it to the access. 10's of fisherman want to know anything and everything about it! So, you spend time talking about it. Then, you drive across the lake to your spot. When you stop, you'll draw everyone's attention, from fisherman, to snowmobilers, to kite surfers. This means that you'll be fishing by 10am, not 6 like you had planned on :-)

At least with the hovercraft, once I make it to the water, I'm home free grin

BTW, awesome machine you have there! I considered buying one I saw in Green lake, WI last year. Just a little too old, and a little too much $$. Have fun with that thing!

Let me speak from experience. That will NOT work for ice fishing. Here's why:

I build hovercraft. Anytime I stop anywhere, whether for gas, food or at the landing, I'm always stopped by people asking all sorts of questions. There have been many times when I've reached the river an hour or more later than I intended because of this.

Now, lets bring your beast into consideration. You make it to the access. 10's of fisherman want to know anything and everything about it! So, you spend time talking about it. Then, you drive across the lake to your spot. When you stop, you'll draw everyone's attention, from fisherman, to snowmobilers, to kite surfers. This means that you'll be fishing by 10am, not 6 like you had planned on :-)

At least with the hovercraft, once I make it to the water, I'm home free grin

BTW, awesome machine you have there! I considered buying one I saw in Green lake, WI last year. Just a little too old, and a little too much $$. Have fun with that thing!

I would definetly agree about the "tire kickers". I learned really quickly on that having anything "different" that it will attract people. Having a tracked ATV everything takes a bit longer and there is rarely an occasion of fishing in peace as somebody is always curious (I was that guy before I had my own)

I learned a neat little trick called send your buddy to the truck first, people always start asking him questions, then you can slide up hop in the drivers seat and usher your crew along.

I picked it up by valleycity in north dakota, and i plan on leaveing it on the west side of Lake of the woods at a friends house in warroad , right now im working on enclosing the back to haul gear, its a work in progress and no hemi, just a ford 200 six cyclinder ..... grin