• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Where are the pics of the successful bear hunts

I am from WI and guided myself on a bear hunt for the first time last year. I got a bear and was stuck with the bug. This year my dad and I got tags for your great state of MN. I set up two bait sites. On Monday I was only going to bait, but decided to hunt based on trail cam pics. I shot a 300 lb bear at 3:30 when it was 88 degrees out. Last night my dad sat on the bait I had out for him for the first time. He shot a 200 lb bear at 7:00. Not bad. First time in MN, Self Guided, One day on stand for each of us, two nice bears. We'll be back!!

floor.jpg

dadsbear007.jpg

Arrowed? Oh, so you are practicing for when they take our guns away already, huh?

Nice Biff. I can't find a number for the guy I had for the rug. I'm sure you have found some skinning instructions by now. Getting real lucky with this cool weather. I remember it being warmer in Nov in past years. smile

Took this one on 9/1. Walked a mile to get to my stand in 85+ weather. Needless to say after 5 years of late snacking bears and sows with cubs, I was happy just to fill my tag, even with the hot weather.

2836624494_f9f9c4164f_o.jpg

My buddy arrowed his first bear tonight at 7:45pm by Milaca.

Bear001.jpg

Nice bears guys.

Biff,

Great to see some action around this area. Shows things are starting to come around. Thanks for sharing dude!

Nice job guys, Its hard to swallow the envy, but congrats to you guys, Im still waiting for mr. bear to come back after more than a week from his first appearance on messing with boarsquatch. Later

our group of nine guys have gotten 5 bears so far. The only pics I have are of mine and another guys from opening day.We must have been bucking the trend this year. We started the year with 14 baits and the friday before season all but one was getting cleaned up.

100_0425.jpg

100_0423.jpg

(I cheated and copied a post from my home forum)

A few have been asking and sending me emails asking about fishing reports and I must admit I have let that slip a little. I have been running from sun up well past sundown for the last few weeks as a bear guide. Another aspect of Outdoors with Jonny P and Kelly P. I am starting to drag a little after weeks of baiting, fighting a fleet of trail cameras that are waaaaayyy smarter then I and now gutting and dragging.

Of course after looking at a few of the photos below it makes it all worth while. We really do have a good time during bear season.

Gordy Strikes with his bow two years in a row with a chocolate phased bear that pictures do little justice for.

gordy22008xs1.jpg

Gordy's hunting buddy Ralph bagged his first bear and it was a nice long haired black. Ralphs only problem was picking what bear to shoot as multiple boars fought for pecking order behind and below him. Not to mention a few hours earlier Ralph was caught with his pants down. Yup changing into his hunting clothes along side his wheeler when a good boar peeked his head out of the grass a few yards away to see what Ralph was doing...other then hiding behind the four wheeler wonder just how hungry that bear was.

ralph2008ee4.jpg

The bullet went in where? and came out its...? ooooh thats gonna stink.

img0184rl3.jpg

Nic with a early afternoon bear that came right in on his heels...wonder what he was tracking?

nicsee5.jpg

Kelly and Fred; Bear recovery unit, and general sideshow entertainment. laugh

img0146vu8.jpg

So far it has been a GREAT season, only two hunters left to fill tags and I am hoping tonight is the night I can start packing away the bear gear and call it a perfect year.

our group of nine guys have gotten 5 bears so far. The only pics I have are of mine and another guys from opening day.We must have been bucking the trend this year. We started the year with 14 baits and the friday before season all but one was getting cleaned up.

100_0425.jpg

100_0423.jpg

Nice Bear John! Looks like you might of been using Busch Lite for Bait?? LOL