• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What permits do I need for WI portable shack?

mnrstrider

Hey guys quick question, Looks like I'm leaving in abotu 4 hours for WI to go ice fishing, does anyone know what or if I need a ice house permit for my portable shack, which will only be set up on the ice for a couple hours tomorrow, and taken down before nightfall. Will my MN diver's licence # I use in MN be enough for WI?

Ack WI's dnr page is not quite as friendly as MN's not to mention the regulation page was down when I clicked on it (good thing there was a FAQ page) , The info I found said I will not need either a permit for the shack or my name and # on the shack, so looks like I'm good to go!

Just DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT pitch any of those purple shacks on Wis. waters. They are fair game for Snomobiles and targets for anyone else, As long as you have a green shack or any other color as long as it says "GO PACKERS" you will be in fine shape.
One other thing --- Don't go begging for cheese!