• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question on Aqua View

bturck

Just picked one up and used it the first time yesterday. Frustrating when you can see the fish and none of them are in a biting mood.

The question I have however is how do you guys that have them control the camers head so it doesn't spin? I was slowly turning the cable to line the camera up with the jigs and it either spun to far , or rewound itself when I released it. Took about 25 minutes to get it where I wanted it and I then set the unit on the cable and that held it in place. I know they make a small tri pod that sits over the hole, does that control the head from spinning if I want to look around. By the way there was an anchor down there. It was really pretty interesting to watch the scenery. Thanks guys, Bill

i have owned a aqua view for a few years and i tried a few different things. i ended up making a ajustable stand to set the camera on the bottom of the lake and this works very well you just have to lift it and turn it and point it where you want it and it works great.Another thing that i enjoy doing is i plug my camera into a vcr in my fish house. i hit record every time a fish comes in to my jig. i have recorded some very neat expiriences. it is fun to pull the tapes out in the middle of the summer and get you pumped for ice fishing. i hope this helps.

Tram: They do make a mount now that goes directly to the bottom of the camera, also a small tri pod that sits just over the hole, so the cable attaches and goes straight down rather than trying to twist the cable. I agree it was really something to watch yesterday and how the fish would react or not react to the jig. thanks for your info.
Bill

I don't own one myself, but look over the posts for info. From what I understand, they drill another hole near the one they are fishing from. This eliminates the line tangling with the cable...provided you don't catch a hammerhandle wink.gif and it veers over towards the cable.

Keystone, you can definitely run into that kind of problem. When I was fishing at the FM event on Linwood lake, my tip-up was about 10ft away from my portable ice-house. The ovs 500 was set up in the house. Well, guess what. A northern hit my shiner and ran a long time. After setting the hook, I started pulling it in, but when the fish was being pulled by my house, it not only wrapped around the jigstick line in the house, but the camera as well. Only thing pulled up in the hole was the camera itself. MJF, otherwise known as Matt Johnson, can attest to it himself. It was kind of funny though.
GF

Yes you do want to set the camera in a seperate hole from your jigs, or dead stick. Still no gurantee a large Nort as mentioned above won't wrap aroound it. It is interesting to watch the action on the bottom. Yesterday i took my grandson with me to Mille Lacs to fish and shut down the permanent house. he had a great time watching all the perch (no wallies). I would never however trade the camera for my FL 18. When fishing crappies and it gets to prime time I will pull the camera just to be sure no wrap ups accurr. Bill