• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Marcum Flasher Battery Useage

Tofishem

The longest I have run mine so far is 6hrs and it drops to 70% battery power. So you should be able to fish from sun up to sun down without any worries.

------------------
Jimmy

For what it's worth I've run mine for 16-17 hours outside on a single charge. The nice thing about the LX3 is you can keep it on the charger all the time so you always have plenty of power for a whole weekend if you need. If possible I always put my LX3 on the charger when I get in from fishing.

my zercom runs at a 50miliamps and 100 with the light on so that makes it last 140 hours using my 7 amp hour battery!!and half that with the light on...you'll never beat a zircom for battery use,,It has no moving parts and no motor..motors are ineffecient and your lucky if you get on thats 80 percent effecient(the 20 percent is lost to heat and some sound)

I got a buddy that didn't charge his Zercom right after every usage and he went thru the batteries. I don't think it hurts the unit as much as the battery. It's always best to charge right away. from what I've read up on gel cel batteries.

it's most likely that he cooked his battery with over charging..that is the times when he did do it..I've cooked a few over the years by leaving it on too long..could actually hear them bubbling...
It may be better to charge them right away but i charge my zercom battery once ao twice a season and i;ve had this one three years.