• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Culpepper leaves a whiner

IFallsRon

MIAMI (AP) - Daunte Culpepper, who starred for the Minnesota Vikings before a major knee injury in 2005 curtailed his career, retired from the NFL on Thursday.

Culpepper completed 64 percent of his passes in a nine-year career, with 142 touchdowns. He tried to resuscitate his career with the Miami Dolphins in 2006 and the Oakland Raiders last season, struggling in both of those stops, and wasn't in training camp with any teams this year.

"Since I was not given a fair chance to come in and compete for a job, I would rather move on and win in other arenas of life," Culpepper said.

He was revealed as a spare after not having Randy Moss to run under his long passes.

And some people (including Chris Carter) said the Vikings made a HUGE mistake letting him go.

Not even the lowly Dolphins or the Raiders could use him. Even when Denny Green was stil coaching in AZ did he want him.

He was never that good. The rest of the team made him look better than he was. They even made Cunningham (who was past his prime) look like the best quaterback in the NFL.

I thought he was awesome for the first couple years.

I loved it when he ran over people he was a double threat for a while anyway he did have arguably one of the best seasons a QB has ever had and I don't totally attribute it all to his teammates.

Then came the TURNOVERS, Fumbles, bad attitude and the injury which pretty much ended his career.

Yeah that dummy should have had someone that specializes in selling people to teams give it a shot. He's too proud or full of himself, good riddens. He had a couple good years with the vikes but the fumbles, and turnovers cost him. With no mobility he's a below average QB and that doesn't cut it in the big show.

He did Sled, but honestly he was throwing to Chris Carter and Randy Moss in their prime and handing off to Robert Smith in his primed and doing it all behind the best line in football at the time. Oh and did I mention the other recievers and tight ends were also studs. MANY MANY QB's in the league could have produced that year.

Good Riddance to a big whining baby...

he claims he "wasnt given a shot" that is a bunch of [PoorWordUsage]. the packers offered him a one year, one million dollar deal. He would have been competing (but losing out in the end) to rodgers. There is no question that he should have signed there, from both sides. Green Bay would have rather had one other experienced qb on the roster instead of having to rely on matt flynn or brian brohm if rodgers goes down

Whiner or not, he got his money. I guess he was talking about his time in Miami where he didnt fully get his chance? But he got his revenged last year when he played well there with the Raiders.

On the subject of talent, I dont just think it the players around you who needs to be talented. You yourself have to have talent also to complete the team.

Once these pro players get their big contracts, they feel they deserve nothing less in future contracts, regardless of their performance. crazy

Cpep didn't want to play all that bad if he's turning down $1M offers. He's got no one else to blame for his retirement than himself.

I don't think he had a lack of talent. He could run over linebackers in his prime. He could throw the long ball when he was confident. His short game was good too.

His attitude was terrible. He would not admit any wrongdoing in the boat scandal, which really got the management/owner [PoorWordUsage]'d. He was cocky when he should have been working to improve his game (remember that ridiculous arm rolling thing he did?) I never saw him working to get to the next level, which is something all great QBs have to do. If he could have improved his defense reading ability and tried to improve his instincts on when to move out of the pocket, he could have been a great QB. Small hands is why he fumbled so much?!? The guy was 6'5" and built like LB! Such a waste. It's entirely his own fault he's sitting at home this year.

Thanks Badger, let him keep flappin his jaw because I bet that so called washed up QB will have better stats this year then what the Queens have taking snaps.

I'm still waiting on him to show us the stats for the 1st 2 years of both QB's

Thanks Badger, let him keep flappin his jaw because I bet that so called washed up QB will have better stats this year then what the Queens have taking snaps.

I'm still waiting on him to show us the stats for the 1st 2 years of both QB's

He probably will have better stats then T-Jack, and I bet he will be better stats than Aaron Rogers too! Whats your point? Your quick to pull the trigger on the vikes qb, but you forget about your unproven quarterback leading the cheeseheads.