• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Check out this 20 pounder!

Fish Fry Guy

Nice!!

My 1-1/2 yr old nephew was introduced to grandpa's boat this weekend. Does he ever LOVE motors. smile Went right for the recoil and tried to pull it over. Could only get the rope out 3" or so but I think he knew what it was for.

Yeah, nothing like starting them out young. My father in law & I have been joking about setting some record for the youngest person to boat a 40" fish. We've even thought of how to rig up a trolling settup for him that will be stationary so he will just have to crank the reel. Also, we were thinking of ways we could ramp up the cranking power on reels so he could bring it in. Longer handle, tweek the gearing ratio, etc. He is my wife & I's first child and I just cant wait till he's old/big enough to be my fishing buddy.

congrats. it's always nice to see the young ones interested in fishing, even if they don't know it yet! My 10 month old loves touching and playing with daddie's rods and reels. Mommy tries to tell him that they're "owies," but I let him play all he wants. I can't help but smile when he crawls over to the rods and reels and wants to play with the reels. With the way he reacts when we take him fishing and gets to see a fish, he's definitely going to be daddie's little fishing buddy!