• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

favorite resorts/guides to recommend

Gravy

My brother is considering moving back to MN from CA, for the lifestyle. He will be visiting soon and I would like to find some ice fishing action on one of the "big"lakes. I would like to hear from anyone who could refer me to some favorite resorts and/or guides.

Thanks Guys!

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-13-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Gravy (edited 02-13-2004).]

as for guides there is alot of them on this site . Matt n CrappieTom , i think both would give you a good trip to go on . i dont know either personally. . both of these gentlemen have gained my respect from post they have made here on this site . the other guy i would recomend is Greg Clausiau from the grand rapids area section here . i do know him and a few of his realtives . all great people and know that he would provide good trip . In alot of ways he does have a greater selection of lakes close in the area he is from to choose from . he also wrote a good article on bearpaws guiding on red lake for Fm.
Matt and Tom dont take offense there guys .. i just know the area and the family up there .. If the work for me was still up there i would be there also smile.gif

I would highly recamend Matt Breuer from North Country Guides. If you want to catch some fish, Matt is the guy to have with you. He has always put people on any kind of fish that want, and is an awsome guy.

Let us know.

Woodman

All of the previous suggestions are very good.
I would also like to suggest hooking up with Scott or Adam from http://millelacsguideservice.com/
Don't think that they have only an expertise on Mille Lacs.
Both of these guys can find fish anywhere.I have seen it many times on many waters.On ice and open water these guys can find fish when others simply can't.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

Depends on the species and lake/area.

Catfish..hands down Dennis(at least the Catfish guide I have fished with.

Lake Vermilion everyone of the moderators on their forum are very knowledgeable and excellent fisherman for walleye, musky, smalmouth.

Scott and Adam are VERY GOOD at wetting a line and catching!

Actually, take some time to research the area, then go the that forum here and hook up with one of the Pro-staff!! You will NOT be dissapointed!!!!!! I could list them all, they are ALL great people and fisherman in my eyes!

Keep the rods bendin'!!!

Jim W

rockhardinmn,
Thanks for the kind words smile.gif

There are a lot of guides to choose from...

Brian Jones of First Choice Guide. Brian guides out of Cass Lake and the neighboring lakes and chain. All species, does a great job and really works hard to put you on fish...and he does just that.

Matt Breuer of North Country Guide. Matt guides the Bemidji Area as well as many other lakes. Lake Winnibigoshish and Red Lake are a couple larger lakes that Matt hunts fish on.

Mille Lacs Guide Service. Scott and Adam will put you on fish...and big fish too!

Captain Ron's Guide Service. Ron Hunter has been guiding on Lake Winnibigoshish for years, and his knowledge of the lake is top-notch.

Scenic Guide Serive. Jeff Beckwith guides Red Lake, Winnibigoshish, and Lake of the Woods.

These are just a few of the many great guides services out there to choose from. All of them know their stuff anf get the job done...you will catch fish!

Here's a link to more guides...

Fishing Guides

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

[This message has been edited by Matt Johnson (edited 02-13-2004).]