• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Long way to go and a short time to get there

LMITOUT

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Jerry Reed, a singer who became a good ol' boy actor in car chase movies like "Smokey and the Bandit," has died of complications from emphysema at 71.

His longtime booking agent, Carrie Moore-Reed, no relation to the star, said Reed died early Monday.

eastbound and down makes a good ringtone... had it for a while now.

that and for some reason, when it rings in public, everyone within earshot tends to smile just a little! I guess some things are just timeless. smile

I always kinda thought of him as a goof ball and a less popular singer, maybe because of the Bandit films, but after reading his bio I found out that he is very accomplished. It is unfortunate that he had to pass away before many, like myself, had to learn that about him.

edit: Just had to laugh. I have my iPod playing and the next song up was "East Bound and Down" (on now). What a coincidence.

The boys are thirsty in Atlanta, and there's beer in Texarkana.

he was on an episode of Bill Dance outdoors too, it was a good show. Jerry caught a 9 pounder and put it in the well and later Bill let it go and at the end they showed Jerry pouring sugar in the boat gas tank, or at least close to it, it was a classic. I really liked him.