• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Charity fishing tourney

Gusher

Hi all

I hope this post doesn't rub anyone the wrong way, but here it goes.

Recently I've become very active with the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, as far as helping with fundraisers and other activities. Before my son was born I had heard very little about this disease, and if it's possible knew even less. CF is a genetic disease that is terminal and at this point incurable. But in the last 10 years they have been able to isolate the gene that causes it and have made great strides in the treatment of patients and as well as working towards the eventual cure of this killer. Most people don't realize that one out of every 30 Americans carry the gene that causes this defect. That's 10 million symptomless carries in the U.S. alone. This is what I'm asking help with.

We are having a fishing tournament at Ft. Peck Montana on August 7th. With all the proceeds going to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Anyone who want's to participate I will get the information to you. Another part of the tourney that we are working on is a silent auction. If ANYONE would be interested in donating something for the auction I would be indebted. I hope this post finds you and your families in good health.

Maybe I could request one more thing from all of ya. After you read this... say a little prayer for my son and the 30,000 other kids in the U.S. who have got this disease that a cure is coming soon.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and God bless.
Rob Laas
Chester MT

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

For those of you that do not know.

Cystic Fibrosis is a brutal genetic disease. Babies and children cannot put on weight properly, their lungs are constantly filling up and deteriorating. It's a daily struggle for these kids to survive and their families to cope. It has become better for those kids and families over the years and hopefully someday soon a cure is found.

Remember, 1 in 30 of you, who visit these forums, carries the gene and most likely do not know it.

It's a great cause Gusher, I wish you well.