• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

GM Air Conditioning Pump

I have a 1998 Buick Le Sabre custom 3.8 the Air Cond pump clutch has failed the pump still works, but grinds when dis-engaged. Can I just replace the clutch, or do I have to replace the whole air conditioning pump? I would guess you still have to pull the pump to replace the clutch if you can replace it? Thanks

I didn't see a replacement compressor clutch on NAPA's online catalog but that does not mean they are not available. More often than not the compressors are changed rather than just the clutch. Mostly because the compressors are either leaking or will start leaking soon after!

If you replace the a/c compressor, you will need to suck the freon out of the car then you will need to refill it. You can get a do it yourself refill kit, but you may need to bring it to a shop to get the freon reclaimed.

Yeah I kinda figured that. I just gotta find a guy to reclaim the freon. I would really like to keep the cost down. I have to fix the pump(car) because the serpitine belt runs around it. This is my little girls car, and school starts tomorrow