• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

My turn for some butterflies

After seeing everyone's great butterfly images last week I thought I better get some of my own. I looked out the window and saw probably 20 or 30 of them on my trees so what better chance was I going to have! Here's the results. All were taken with Nikon D80, Sigma 105mm Macro and fill flash from SB800.

102507527.jpg

102507530.jpg

102507532.jpg

102507533.jpg

Welcome to the wonderful world of butterflies. grin They can be a satisfying challenge, especially when life seems to be devoid of birds. They seem to finally be grouping up for their long journey. I've noticed that it's normally the 3rd week in August when this happens. Like everything else, they seem to be a week or 2 behind.

If I had to pick a fave, it would be #2. However, I;m surprised that both butterflies are in focus, considering you shot at f2.8. Or is my exif reader wrong?

Anyway, nice shots.