• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fixed blade broadheads

PerchJrkr

Another question for all you guys that do shoot fixed blades, whats everyone had the best luck with? I shot muzzy 3 blade 100 gr last year, and when i switched to them from field points, i was a foot to the left and low. im thinkin i wanna go with a shorter profile broadhead and am thinkin about either Slick Trick or G5 Strikers. Has anyone shot the slick tricks?

Slick Tricks are nice all steel tough 4 blade heads, but you still need to have your arrows and bows tuned to get "field point flight".

You were a foot to the left and low at what range? At any range that is way off and something is messed up.

I used the Easton tuning guide and moved my rest to get everything working.

20 yards

guess i didnt do any tuning i just threw em on and started shooting... this time im takin my bow with broadheads back in to get tuned where i bought it from.. pretty new to this so i dont know if this makes a difference or not

Slick tricks have great reputation but I haven't personally used them. I've been using G5 Montecs since I've started bow hunting. They work great for me. Some claim that they are not very sharp but I've passed threw all three deer I've shot with them; although I haven't shot a deer past 25 yards. Also I can say that I don't need to adjust anything before 35 yards in comparison to my field tips. I set at 15, 25, and 35. At 35 I hit "about" an inch and a half lower than the field tips. It all depends on your set up. We're all different. I'm happy with Montecs and don't see a reason to change.

I shoot 100 grain Muzzy Mx-3's and they are an inch high at 30 yards. Right on at 20 yards & 40 yards. Don't know the dynamics of why this is but they work for me. One comment on Muzzy MX-4's. They seemed to "sail" on me. I couldn't get consistent groups. I am thinking its tied to the baldes being on the same plane but I am not sure.