• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

marcum power? Need help!

BriBay

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have the FL-18 and love it. Marcums are sweet to. But I want to know about this target seperation and how the marcum marks more fish. What size of fish are you talking about? What about people who are color blind and all they see is yellow on the marcum? He says all he sees is yellow on the vex to. He has a marcum.

Bummer, colorblind! Maybe the guy should look for a used Zercom with the 4 shades of gray? Might work better for him with those eyes.

Duffman.....I just had too, it was just screaming at me and I found it just too darn easy I guess! Had to raz you a bit. No hard feelings I hope. Have a good one.

fiskyknut

Pro V to answer your ? I went with the LX-3 after much research on the fl-18 and LX-3. I fished with both and talked to those who had both. After all this I decided I wanted what I fealt was the best unit out there. If I was going to spend hard earned $ I was going to do it right. For the different ways I fish I liked the LX-3 with the 5' or 10' zoom feature. Not only for the bottom but for other levels of the water colomn for lake trout fishing. I noticed down in Ashland that I was in 26' of water but all the coho I caught came in at 20-22' down so I locked the zoom into that 5' water colomn and boy was that a huge help. Better seperation of jig and fish than on regular mode.
I also find that the Marcum because of having more power has better bottom seperation and its crisper to read. As stated above the IR is awesome.
Believe me I really liked my Vexilar and there is nothing wrong with their units. Customer service wich I never needed is great. I just wanted the best product I could get and to me that was the Marcum LX-3!

Dennis
careful what you say about the staff of other fishing websites
I got taken to the wood shed last fall for disparaging two of the staff from out-widthangling

Fisky....
No hard feelings at all, I've learned to not get so worked up all the time over trivial things online. grin.gif
In my defense though, I did confess I was a friend of TBones (at least in my eyes LOL), so you could take my review of the Rock n Reel with that in mind.

Speaking of the Rock n Reel, you should see my set up with a Strike Sensor on one. Not only do I not need a bobber anymore, I've got a cool tip-up alternative. Also, try taping a battery/light combo from a lighted bobber to the end of your rod. Works great with the Rock n Reel in low light situations.

Yep, I confess, I'm a Rock n Reel pimp daddy!

Jim W - Thats exactly what I did today. I hit the ice all day with my best friend and father. It was a slow pick all day with the gills but we caught alot of em, plus some pickerel and bass while jiggin the gills.... The Marcum/vex thing folowed me out there. I often found myself laughing and wonerings while working a fish on my vex - I wonder how many more Id be catching if I had an over hyped flasher, LOL.... smile.gif

All in fun guys....

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-13-2004).]

Duff, I was pleasantly surprised back in December when I went into Morris Point Lodge to pay the access fee. Michelle the owner told me she had something for me....low and behold 'Twitter' had left a RnR for me{Thanks again Twitter!}. Finally figured a good way for me to mount it and I'll say I really like them. I can't wait till it's warm enough to sit out on the ice again, be able to seperate the 2 holes a bit more as I won't have to be right on top of the bobberline hole to see that bobber as I'm jiggin the other line. Oh and my neck does'nt get as sore anymore from looking downward at a bobber all day!

fiskyknut