• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Whats going to be the hot bait for 2004?

early007

What is going to be the hot bait for 2004? I think the new Grappler Shads from Cotton Cordell are looking sweet. They seem to be pumping them pretty hard in their advertising. Or how about Lindy's Max Gap Jig heads with bleeding hooks and Tequni-Glow, they look deadly. The fish don't have a chance. My tackle order is coming tomorrow, should be fun to see all the new baits.

Jason

Yepper, I'm gonna snag a few dozen of those Lindy jigs you mention, they look great and openwater on the Rainy is right around the corner for me to give them a shakedown. My special hand tied spinner rigs will be the #1 producer of Walleyes for me again this year on LOTW though!

Fisky

My hot bait this spring I am sure will be Ring-n-Grubs pitched to those shallow water eyes or jigged along current breaks.Last fall these plastics out produced any other plastic bait for walleyes for me.They also took quite a few smallies.

------------------
Minnesota River Guided Fishing
www.mnriverguidedfishing.com
[email protected]
NPAA #863

These are not really "new", but the Original line from Storm will be big this year. All made from the original molds with original colors...The thunderstics ahve one-piece molding as does the wiggle wart. The hot-n-tot even has a metal lip again!

Other new products besides those already mentioned are the Boo-Yah line of spinnerbaits, Calcutta Lures which are another line of plastic swim-baits, and Storm has some new swim-baits as well.

Come on open water!!!

It'll be the Johnny Craw jig of course. Hand tied by yours truely. Works well on monster smallies, slab crappies and trophy stream trout. Never need to tip 'em. Just cast 'em out and swim 'em back.

I like the 1.5 inch Kick-n-Craw, they are going to be great for crappies and gills in the spring! And the 3 and 4.5 inchers are going to be hot for smallies and buckmouths as well smile.gif

And then you can't go wrong with the Rattlin Rap for several species.

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Those Grappler Shads are great. I used them last year, and had excellent luck. They run true out of the box, can get down to 16' trolled, and can take a pretty good beating. They expanded the color line to 24 colors this year. Can't beat the proce of these babies either... $3.99.

I think the glass raps will be pretty popular this summer as well.

------------------
-FNC

"get on the natch"

Kick N Craws and All Terrain Tubes. Unless Corey Guttenfelder starts selling his panfish jigs and maribou's.

[This message has been edited by wgmsa (edited 02-12-2004).]

I think my hot bait this year will be night-crawlers and minnows, like it is every year. These two choices are just as effective as any fancy new "lure," if not more so. "When in doubt, pull a crawler out!"

[This message has been edited by SCCO9803 (edited 02-12-2004).]

I am thrilled with Bio-Bait!
It just rocks... and will be big for tipping plastics.
I think it is very handy.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

New from Scenic Tackle this year will be a new bass spinnerbait called the angel eye spinnerbait, heavier than average wire plus custom skirts and the usual awesome scenic tackle paint should make this one hard to beat. Also from the scenic tackle lineup is the new rock-n-roll jigs and theres a hint of a new line of jigging blades, those I know are going to be hot for the river jiggers amongst us, Maybe Jeff could expand on this a bit??
Paul

------------------
Paul Rohweller
Pine to Prairie Guide Service
218-962-3387 home
701-261-9525 cell
[email protected]
N.P.A.A. 425
Quality Bait and Tackle, Detroit Lakes Mn
www.scenictackle.com
North Country Outdoors Radio 99.3 fm
http://fishingminnesota.com/pinetoprairie