• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Lawn rates above family?

Pat K

DEVO was right.

My neighbor is tearing down the swingset in his back yard. The reason is his 9 year old daughter and 6 year old son are killing the grass by playing in the yard!

When did yards de-evlove from the noble purpose of being a place for your kids to play, to being only a status symbol for the EXTREMELY ANAL?

If your children are grown or don't play outside then knock yourself out, make your yard a showplace. But if they want to run, jump and swing in the yard but you won't let them because they may bend a blade of grass, I think you may have your priorities a little messed up!

My 3 sons are now grown and long gone after years of backyard sandboxes, tree houses, baseball, football, golf practice, broken windows, etc. It took all of two years to re-establish the lawn. Let 'em tear it up. The bonus is you know where they are.

Wow that is just not right. What are the kids supposed to do now. Stay in the house eating junkfood and playing video games? I love the fact that the grass is gone around my swingset. That thing was a beast to put up....

Has anyone ever noticed that when people come over/walk by the house they will take the driveway up to talk instead of cutting across on the lawn. How about halloween...remember just running from house to house. Not now, you must walk down the drive and up the other drive. Is it any wonder why kids and adults are so [PoorWordUsage] fat!!!!

As anal as I am, and as frustrating as it is to try to constantly maintain and repair the lawn behind our kids, I consider those worn and tore-up spots wonderful reminders of the three blessings that God has given me for only a few short years. 20 years from now my lawn will be perfect again, but you only get to enjoy your kids for what seems like too short of a time and then you'll miss having those spots in the yard.