• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Never To Late.

Shack

To bring the kids out one last time before hard water starts smile.

I have been fishing pretty regular on a weekly basis threw out the summer, but it has been on the Miss. or MN rivers for cats and late at night. Not too kid friendly. How fast the summer goes and one can forget about getting the best fishing partner(s) a guy can have out on the water. Our kids!

Priority one was my boys today and second was finding fish. Took them out to a local lake and bass, northerns and panfish where on the radar. Well, tried pitchin for about a ½ hour for bass and found out how board the little ones can get. Switched it up to a deeper drop off (13-16') right off of a weed bed, with a sucker minnow and fat head/jig bobber combo presentation. The sucker got smacked a couple times, but no big fish were caught today. The bobber, fathead and fire ball jig combo was the trick for crappies, all though I think my oldest had a walter on at one point wink. The rule of the day was if the bobber went down, the nearest kid would get it (always have to work on the hook set). We had allot of missed fish today, but boated some nice sunnies (mowing down on a bobber, Sponge Bob Pole, flu-flu and small fat head), a couple perch and many crappies.

All in all it was one of the best days I have had on the water this year. Days like today makes a person realize how valuable days like today are. Kids are the best fishing partners. Always willing to go, never contradict where you are going to go and always have a great attitude. While some of my other fishing partners seem to be lacking in these area’s winkgrin.

A post about fishing can not be a true post with out some images grin I wished I would have took more, but these sume the day up pretty good.

Here we can see the mid day Enthusiasm breaking threw grin

HdAelfIURJ2yUPNHoclCN+Iw40nhSIYr0300.jpg

Here was one of the crappies from today:

3Yau-3bvs6Rt27zFnadgWKo8Ej1VwqRo0300.jpg

Here was another:

r3eMf7sfNcZWPJQcaORfb17MiHirYMhZ0300.jpg

All fish today where caught and released, because the old man was to lazy to clean fish when we got home grin.

Good Times!

Thanks

Great to see you get the kids out, Josh. They look super-stoked to be there in that first pic! Seriously though, pics like that will go a long ways -- and they will help you remember the good times forever. Glad you took a couple pics, it's good to do even if there aren't trophy fish involved.

My future fishing partner and I were on the water at home here in Big Lake today. He is 4 years old and I'm just getting him started on boat fishing. We've done some off the dock this summer and he's starting to get the hang of things. We got home tonight and I had to laugh...he was telling mom about the fish he caught, and made sure to mention that I had caught NONE! He was really rubbing it in like a true fisherman would! But the thing he didn't realize is that I didn't even get a line wet...I was too busy enjoying the outing with MY son. A day to remember forever. The best thing in life is being a dad.

Thanks guys!

Polar,

We will have to do that!

fishinmajishin,

Good luck dude on the breaking in on the boat. It can be a chore, but once they get the hang of it, it is their for life.

If anyone else has a Labor Day weekend 2008 with the kids stories, share away!

Thanks!

I got 3 of my kids out to a local fishing pier today and they had a blast. Countless sunnies and a couple of bullheads mixed in. There were plenty of others out with their kids as well so it was a fun time.