• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

URL Crappie Contest!!! February 21st, 2004 - The ICE Series

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be there with some of the fishfever crew and a couple rookies. Should be a blast and there should be an abundance of fish caught. What's going to be the odd species caught? Smallie? Largie? Muskie?

For you weather geeks, one of my old professors at SCSU maintains a page that discusses the St. Cloud forecast. It's really well explained and has a variety of awesome links taking you to various radars, satellites and maps. I highly recommend checking it out. Keep in mind, it is for the St. Cloud area: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/weather/default.asp

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

We will meet at Denny's Resort on Winnibigoshish at 7am. We will head out to the on ice Headquarters and the Contest will start at 8am and run until 2pm.

You can register at the event. You can even show up late. Stop in at Denny's and ask Pat or Rhonda and they will show you where we are.

We will be easy to find.

We would also love to see a few of you from this area there as well.

It's going to be fun boys!!!

Very much hoping to see YOU there smile.gif

ill be there,another rookie for this event. drowned minnow, the word is ,plenty ice for trucks. one post reported up to 24 inches. my self imposed odds for this event 100:1. odds of having fun 1:1.

Count me and my crew in. Winnie was a lot of fun. First contest I have fished in awhile. I like how the contest is set up because it dosen't feel like a contest when your fishing. Also I would like to take the time to thank Jason Boser for all the help he gave me and my crew out on Winnie. He was a real help since we have never fished that lake before.

Thanks again
Mike Bradley and Crew

Fm Family,
There is no gate/road fee to access Mille Lacs Lake from Fisher's Resort... for those who register for the I.C.E. Series event.
See ya there, should be great fun!
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

That's a great deal. It normally is around $8 to access roads at the resorts... $10 (includes the road access fee), plus you have a good chance at winning one of many great prizes. Not to mention the title on the line "Worlds Greatest Ice Angler" and some nice trophies. Great meal afterwards, chance to meet fellow FM'ers and a great opportunity to learn how to fish Lake Mille Lacs. Can't go wrong here guys!

Here is a list of some of the prizes posted earlier in the thread...
"awesome line-up of prizes (Otter Fish Houses, MarCum Depth Finders or Underwtaer Cameras, Eskimo Augers, Eskimo Fish Houses, Catch-n.com tackle, Custom Jigs and Spins tackle, Yukon Tracks Gear, Thorne Bros Sweetheart Rods, Bio Bait, LakeMaster LakeMaps, Ice Buster Bobbers from Todays Tackle, TackleCity.com Panfish jigs, Scenic Tackle Angel Eyes, Glow Devils, Ryans ATV Racks, and more.....)."

[This message has been edited by Dan Wood (edited 01-19-2004).]

The jumbo perch have been active and same with the walleyes, looks like with the warm temps predicted for this weekend we are going to see a lot of fish caught this weekend out on Mille Lacs!

Scott Steil will be there to help anyone out who needs some advice on fishing Mille Lacs. Scott will also be giving a little introduction to the event as well. Scott is a decorated Mille Lacs fisherman with a knack for catching big walleyes. You may have seen Scott, or the people he takes out on the lake, in pictures with huge trophy Mille Lacs Lake walleyes. Scott is an experienced Mille Lacs Lake guide and this is a great opportunity for everyone to learn from one of the best, I know I'm looking forward to it!

See everyone on saturday!

Check out Scott Steil at the Mille Lacs Guide Service website:

Mille Lacs Guide Service - Scott Steil

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Matt, are you gonna be working or fishing? I imagine you'll be helping out with some of the things at the event. Are you from that area, or fish Mille Lacs much? I never fished there, would like to though. I'm trying my darndest to make it out, and was wondering when you plan on heading over there. If I can make it, it sure would be nice to fish with some of the guys who know the lake. A little pre-fishing so to speak..... OK, who's next? Hey Scott, are you gonna be working or....... grin.gif

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck

I'll be fishing a good portion of the event. You are more then welcome to head out with me on the lake. We will get you pointed in the right direction and we'll do what we can do to put you on some fish. I'll be up there on friday evening and I'll get a couple hours of fishing in before the night is done. You will enjoy Mille Lacs, its a great lake for ice fishing and fishing in general!

Good Fishin,
Matt Johnson

------------------
First Choice Guide Service

[email protected]
Iceleaders
Catch-N Tackle and Bio Bait
MarCum
Stone Legacy

Thanks Matt! I guess I just feel a little better knowing that good guideance is available to get me going in the right direction. smile.gif I know the event itself will have plenty of experts to include Scott Stiel, willing and giveing all that's needed to be successful. If I can make it I'd like to fish the day before hopefully, that's why I was asking. smile.gif Thanks again! Mark

------------------
http://groups.msn.com/canitbeluck