• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Cowgirls

sbro73

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My last 9 fish boated (and 3 lost) have eaten cowgirls during the daylight hours. (7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.) They are not just night baits. Although they work well after dark to. Thats all im tossing cuz thats what they are eating.

Duck

Pink is deadly at night as it is deadly during day... to me its a 24-hours color... like black... some people call it the "new black"...

Basically, at nighttime, the thumps is what draws the fishes in... slower you reel them in, more THUMPS it'll produce... which is why many recommends slow-rolling those at night...

Color do play a role in profiling the lure in the water at night... which is why Pink/Pink works so good... it gives out a profile like black/black or black/nickel would...

"that's all I'm tossing because that's all they are eating"

boy I sure see a lot of that positive feedback loop in musky fishing, even more so than in any other kind of fishing. Makes me wonder how much of a factor a bait is, more so than using any given bait at the right time/place. If you throw one lure all day every day you're bound to catch something...

Basically, at nighttime, the thumps is what draws the fishes in... slower you reel them in, more THUMPS it'll produce... which is why many recommends slow-rolling those at night...

I can't say not to go slow at night but the last 5 fish in the dark for me on the DCG's have all been going much faster than a thump thump. Jsut one guy's experience in the past couple weeks.

I've also caught fish on a normal retreive with dubba 10s at night. The slow slow rolling might be more lake specific, maybe a response by some regulars to pressure on certain waters. Maybe it doesn't even matter, but you're not SOL on a normal retrieve.

i hear them dc10 20 30 whatevski, just tinglin in the wind when i pass dozens a boats on tonka. they just pull up pound points like 30 seconds after another boat leaves. wow, i thought i was trippin at first but bygolly theres another double cowgirl man puttin his bid in. dude the sad thing is there been guys usin double bladed bucktails 4 over a decade and yea they caught fish but some dudes made millions off the the propagana of the cowgirl. must be nice. anyway them fish must see several hundred of them things a day maybe thats why there so easy ta catch on crankbaits.

in the heat of the day down in mobile, alabama working on the railroad with the steel drivin hammer. gotta make some money ta buy some brand new shoes, got find some body ta take away theese blues. she dont love me hear em singin in the sun, pay day commin and the work is all done.

well considering i have some minnow baits ranging from 35 to 70 dollers a pop id say im far from a charity case. That 70 doller minnow bait has caught 4 muskies over 50 inches so it was worth it but id never pay it again, actually i still kind of feel ripped off!! as for the bottle I have been clean for two years but after seeing the cowgirl fetish i just might have to jump full bore off the wagon into somthin real strong! I just consider myself a being with a mind not a mindless follower like one of them lethargic muskies after following its 1054 cowgirl this month. Im not sayin them things dont catch fish but i mean come on, If u cant see the propaganda behind them, well maybe i just shouldent even waste my time tryin to get through to u. Thats all boats are throwin these days it puts the spinnerbait for bass ta shame by like a thousaned ta one.

Lucy..........your rants, while semi entertaining, are way off base. Yes, the Cowgirl or double ten baits are a phase of muskie fishing right now, but that is because they flat out produce fish and with that being said, people are going to use them. Think about the weekend muskie angler that doesn't fish as hard a some of us, what do you think they are going to be throwing? The lure that gives them the best chance of catching fish. Right now, that is the Double Tens. They are not my favorite bucktail, but you bet your hinny that I do throw them, why..........CAUSE THEY WORK!!!!

What's next for you? Are you going to start a campaign against Suicks because they work and everyone who fishes Muskie has them? Heck I own almost 25 of them, come rip on me for that!

Muskie fishing isn't about how much money you make or have, what kind of boat you drive, what rod and reel you use. It is much more than that. Boats, money, etc don't catch the fish, the person catches the fish, plain and simple.

It seems that most of your posts are of the negative variety. What is your goal from this board, to come in and start as much controversy as possible with the members? If so, do us a favor and post elsewhere. If you are truly looking for information to help yourself and give information to help others, please stick around as this place is invaluable for the information a person can pickup from the members.

While I don't own a suick ( and no plans to buy any) I have caved to the DCG's. Not my favorite bait to throw but they have caught me my biggest fish ever and had my first 50" hooked on one. I'll take a Wades over suicks anyday but if I'm throwing bucktails you can bet it will be a Cowgirl, DC-10 or Dominatrix.

In last weekends local tourney there was 28 muskies caught 25 on double 10's, I'm sure part of the reason was 90% of the 70+ guys were throwing them, other reason is they flat out catch fish for most people. Of the 13 fish we had hooked or followed in the last 4 days though only the 50"+ I lost was on blades rest came on some variety of Wades.

I am heading out in 5 mins and just for you Lucy, the only bait that I am going to throw in a PINK PINK and EXTRA PINK Double Cowgirl.

You call it propaganda, but all you are doing is adding fuel to the fire by talking about them. Their propaganda + Your Propaganda = The best Muskie bait of all time!

went out on Sunday and the cowgirl proved itself a good lure...i was throwing the Jr DCG in the green and black color and had 5 follows....one in the low 40's two in the mid 40's...and one around 50-52 (deff. shoulda landed at least one but im a rookie and messed up @ the boat)....the fifth boiled up behind it about 20 ft from the boat so we didnt get a good look at her....my friend i was out on the lake with was throwing the Bull Dawg, Showgirl, and a Mepps bucktail and only had one follow in the low 40's class and had one on the mepps that shook the hook...The DCG clearly caught the fishes eye