• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Direct TV or Dish Network

Johnny B

Willowcat, you don't get a choice of which Fox sports net you want you get what's in your area. Right now I see all T-wolves, Wild games that are scheduled for broadcast on our local FSN. Twins games had been an issue in the past with some blackouts but not very often. Occasionally Dish or FSN will have alternate games on the next channel over. Victory one is not currently available and will be a dissapointmentfor me when the baseball season begins. I have watched a lot of Twins games on FSN. I also beleive this channel will not last because of it's limited availability unless that changes quickly.I am glad we switched 7+ years ago.

Dish Network has an add on package for ALL fox sports channels..5.99 a month. For this you get em all. Hence my question about watching other teams broadcasts when they are playing the Twins.

Attack, in mpls you get Fox north, with Dish, Directv local sports is on channel 641. If you want all Fox sports feeds you can get them for 5.99 a month, Most wolves twins and Wild will be on Fox north, Now the Gopher Basketball is not, Im not so mad because of their record, but I watch all wolves games. Victory owns the rights the big two dont carry victory, they are negotiating on price. You can also buy sports pack NBA pass etc. for all teams except NFL Directv only has the rights to NFL. So if you like all the NFL, you need Directv.

PJ4,
The only reason I have not picked up dish or direct is that they told me that no one has the local Duluth channels available. They even talked about going through Chicago to get FSN but then it would have been mostly Chicago games. We live out in the sticks so we don't get 21 or 72. The guy as Sams said that they have been playing with the idea of putting the local channels on dish or direct for the last couple years. Nothing has been done though.

Have to see if it actually goes through. I will probably just end up getting Dish. Dang it, I will have to go to the bar to watch the Gophers.

[This message has been edited by Granny (edited 02-11-2004).]

The PVR's Ive installed I didnt hook up the phone line, for the PVR receiver you pay 4.98 a month. The phone line is needed if you order pay movies they upload the movies you buy from the phone line to your bill. Fox north should be Part of your package, The locals for Duluth from Dish and Directv should be online in April. In the walker area I have customers and they get the local feed from the Mpls stations, it goes by zip code. Duluth will get locals out of Duluth in April. But if you have a outside antenna I can feed your locals along with the satellite signal thru a diplexer, but the picture is the best thru the Satellite. I would think the signal from the Duluth stations would be good quality, especially with a good amplified antenna.