• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Horseshoe Cats and Crappies

Rick

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Horseshoe crappie
IM000445.JPG
Dennis caught a BUNCH of nice channel cats too.

Horseshoe Cat
IM000447.JPG
Tom Johnson and Matt.

Icehawk makes the home page - CLICK HERE
Thanks Chris for a GREAT cat trip.

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-08-2004).]

What a day of fishing is all I can say. Our group consisted of a team of the following FMers. I St Croix Boy, Wigeon, Dennis S, Rick, Matt Johnson and Tom Johnson, our target was cats. Well we iced over 100 plus cats!!! and a few bonus crappies. The bite varied throughout the day and presentation and technique were the keys to staying on a consistent bite. Glow devils,Buckshots were the lures of choice for the active fish and small minnows on a hook rig triggered the non aggressive fish. Technique varied alot, at times they wanted alot of movement with the spoons, other times leaving it totally still was the key.

IceHawks Channel Cat
IM000448a.JPG

All in all it was great fishing with all you guys, I am looking forward to it again!!!

[This message has been edited by Rick (edited 02-09-2004).]

Yesterday was a good day cat fishing.There was plenty of cats caught and plenty to be caught.St.Croix Boy,Dennis,and myself all had to take a guess at the depth we were fishing,our locators had too many fish showing to correctly give the depth.I believe it was 32'though.Rick,Tom,Matt,and Dennis it nice meeting you all,let us know if you want to do this again.Tom and Matt enjoy your cats for supper tonight.