• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Fihing online with the pros, two.

4A Mr. Kuehn's class. There are 23 students in this class.
Peter What is the biggest fish you have ever caught in Minnesota?
J.J Wants to know how many ladies do you know that fish?
Evan Are lakes, rivers, or streams better?

Best bait- same answer as above- it depends. You'll notice the "it depends" answer a lot. Conditions tell you a lot about what the fish want. Then, you just have to try things and if the fish eat what you give them, it's a good choice. If they don't, switch to something else. For walleye fishing I've generally found that minnows are good early and late in the season, while crawlers and leeches produce better in the heat of the summer. But, the one that works best?... it depends. Get out and spend time on the water and you'll learn lots about how often the "it depends" rule comes into play. However, checking out sites like this one will help you get started by educating yourself about the number of options you have available to you in selecting your "it depends" lure or bait of the day (or minute).

My biggest fish caught in "Minnesota" was most likely a Northern Pike around 18 pounds.

JUst over the border on Lake of the woods I landed a 25 pound Northern pike ice fishing.

J.J. I know quite a few ladies that love to fish, but can't really give a number.
My wife usually out-fishes me every time we go!

Evan:
I enjoy fishing rivers and streams more than lakes. Rivers change more often and have more factors that influence them. Like spring rains, pollution and run-off, not enough rain etc.

SPring Rains can change the look of a river completely! In a lake, usually the only thing that would change would be the water level and weed growth.

For years I did not own a boat, so I learned fishing streams and rivers.

Hope you guys get out fishng soon and feel free to stop back in and ask questions anytime!!!!

Jim W

Tyler, I'm with Jim W on where to fish walleyes- Lake of the Woods is a great place. I hear many, many great things about Vermillion. Rainy Lake, Upper Red Lake (in a couple years it'll be incredible), Winne, Cass, on and on... There are lots of great waters. However, there are also little jewels that are small and unnoticed. You've got to work to find them, but they're out there. It doesn't have to be a huge lake with a huge reputation to have good walleye fishing (or any other kind of fish).
If you can get your parents or another adult to take you to any of these places, jump at the chance.

Catch'n, you're in Mr. Kuehn's class? Mr. Kuehn must be about the coolest teacher ever, huh? His students are dang lucky!

What other teachers and classes are lucky enough to be involved here?

[This message has been edited by Scoot (edited 02-12-2004).]

Miranda, I'll assume trophies mean fish on the wall??
I only have one fish on the wall I regret keeping and it is a smallmouth bass.

If I were to do it all over again I would have tqaken more pictures of the fish and let it swim away! So one of you could have caught it!! NOw that it's on my wall, no one else will get to experience the wonderful fight it gave me! That is really too bad!

SInce then I have caught an released fished considered trophies!

Kaylynn:

My favorite fish to catch?

It's a three way tie between smallmouth bass, trout and walleye!!

Jim W

hello we are Mrs. Dueholm's 4th grade class there are 20 of us here.

Jordan G. Where and what with do you catch good sunfish?

Eric P. What brand and size hook would you use for really big Bass?

Jasmine S. What is the best bait for Catfish?

Zach B. What is the state record for Musky?

Bryce C. Do any of you fish at lake Kornis?

Laurel B. Do you use live or artificial bait for large mouth bass, crayfish?

Jordan I like to fish the weeds for sunfish. I find open holes and then drop a maggot on a tiny hook.

Zach The record muskie was 54# from Lk. Winnibigoshish in 1957.
The Tiger Muskie was 34.12 from Lk. Elmo in 1999.

Laurel I fish almost all artificial for bass and yes the plastic crayfish on a jig is one of the best.

Brian

Hey Kids I think alot of people had to work today!! Sorry some of your questions are not getting answered. I wish I knew it all but I will be learning to fish forever. I have fished for 32 years and Im 34 years old.

Brian

To all,
Thanks you guys at FM for helping the Washington School kids here learn lots about fishing!
It was great fun!!!

I'll load pix when I get home.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family

Well... that was great fun!
We had three 4th grade calsses come in and check out FM. They all got to see how FM opperates and participate by asking questions, see some baits, and listen to me rant on and on about FISHING.
Cabela's donated some grubs for he kids to take home and they got to see Bio-Bait.
We had a great place to experience the site in Washington School...
f9a2943f.jpg
This has to be a great learning tool for the classes and I hope to continue the effort. Thanks much to all who helped out.
f9a2943e.jpg
It was a blast doing "show & tell". I got to explain how to use jigs & plastics... even got to show off these Angel Eye's!!!
2 cool smile.gifsmile.gif
I hope the kids and their parents come visit us here at FM.
Catch'n
Dave Hoggard

------------------
Fishermen are catch-n on
Catch'n Tackle
For Bass, Walleye, Pike, Lakers, Trout, Panfish
Used by FishingMN Family