• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Go Devil Crappies

JHansel7

I like to use both the 1/16oz and 1/8oz Go Devils for crappies. Red glow has been a hot color. I tip my Glow Devils with maggots or Bio-Bait for crappies, a minnow head will work too. My biggest crappies this winter so far have come on jigging spoons.

Good Fishin,

Matt Johnson

I second Matts report on the go devil. I had great success using the 1/8 tiger go devel tipped with minnow head for crappie in the 8-11" class and walleye. I am going to invest in the 1/16 to target the crappie. I was actually not intending to get the crappie on the 1/8 oz but they really liked it...

The 1/16 oz are my go to lures for crappies and sunfish. In fact, I only drill one hole to drop the go devil down and that's all I need. grin.gif

Red/Gold has been the best producer for me so far. I still can't believe the big gills these lures catch tipped with a head of a crappie minnow. Try it!

I use the 1/8th ounce size. I usually stick a waxworm on 2 of the 3 trebles, if that makes sense. I also use minnow heads, tails, sometimes the entire minnow for crappies. Even caught an 8 lb pike on a go devil tipped with a waxworm. It's pretty much my go-to lure this year.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

The Go Devils also work very well on walleyes and perch.

Last year it turned our laker outing from a skunk to highly productive up on Burntside for the bash, A lot of converts that weekend too.

[from admin: Go Devil and Angel Jigging Spoons - Click Here ]

Who else chases crappies, perch or walleye using the Go Devils?

I'm sure the cat is already out of the bag about Go Devils for crappies, especially URL crappies, but I'll chime in anyway.

Without a doubt, my absolute favorite lure on Upper Red, is a glow red 1/8 oz Go Devil. I fish it most of the time with a minnow barely hooked through its back. The walleyes love the action and the crappies love it too. There is also one heck of a Pike swimming around with one of my lures in its mouth. I had a 5 minute fight with that fish before the line snapped! Yep, it was a glow red Go Devil.

I also love the Perch colored Go Devil. When I'm after walleye, thats the first lure I'll tie on.

• we are 'the leading edge' HSO Creators

Hey BJhansel,

Another trick is to go after those crappies using no bait, but a Custom Jigs Ratso or Shrimpo and just vibrate em. Those big slabs just come in an inhale those babies.

Check out the Custom Jigs and Spins - CLICK HERE

I just recieved a card of Go Devils and can'e wait to give them a shot on the early season Crappies... I tell you what, if they work even 1/2 as good as they look, they will be putting more fish on the ice for me this winter.

In an answer to your question, I would say you could tip it with a minnow head just like any other spoon you fish. I also like to switch it up sometimes and use a few wax worms at times in place of the minnow head. I think you actually get better action from the wax worms. Give them a shot and let us know how they work for you!

I'm pretty curious myself. I've had great success with small Forage Minnows for crappies. The Go Devils seem a little heavier than a Forage Minnow of the same body size. That's good. Part of their appeal was the ability to thump them rapidly (instead of lift and flutter down). Should be even better with more weight.

I've tipped this type of bait with Euros, crappie minnow heads, or even a whole minnow if it is small. The minnow options have seemed to work the best.

Another tip when fishing agressive baits like small spoons or small jigging minnows (Raps, Salmos), drop a deadstick line down as well. These baits are attention getters. Somedays the fish destroy them, other days they just watch. A deadstick line fills the gaps.

I can hardly wait to use my new Scenic Tackle!!!! Last night I turned the light off to go to bed and had to cover the card of 6 angel eyes I got because they were so bright. (the new super glow) and that was from just sitting on the dresser with the overhead light on. Imagine what a tazer will do to these!!!

Way to go Jeff!!!!!

Go Devils work great on active fish or for hole hopping, they can be fished very fast. Angel eyes work great when fish seem to be more neutral or are not as hot. They can't seem to resist the "pretty little angel eye" fluttering in front of them. Sorry guys I couldn't resist.

The 1/16th oz Go Devil was a new size for us last year but after hearing the reports I am glad we decided to make that one. Outside of MN it is really hard to get people to use spoons for Crappies or even bull gills. A Crappie is a pig with a big mouth and a lot of times will take presentations much larger then many people will offer.

COME ON ICE!!!!

We did good on the Angel Eye spoon last night on Red. I ordered a card of eash from the site here and we were really suprised at how fast they came. I had heard they were hard to get all the time but we got ours in like 3 days. Hoping to use the card of Devils on some perch and eyes. I never even thought about using them on crappies.