• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

fall transition

sicheneder

any suggestions on the help in chisago area lakes for fall transition. last week fish still deep on rock and hard spots. spent monday on chisago and found one out of 5-6 rocks that had summer fish on them. did manage about 15-20 bass with some nice ones(3-5 range),but not like it is in the summer time. water temp 74-76. this time of the year they start to scatter but it amazes me how fast the fish move or shut down on the deep stuff.

huh. well alright. later in the cooling process the deeper fish start to move shallow in the pads, slop, wood and docks. flipping pads gets a lot better with the weeds dying off. i also slow drag jigs on the remaining weeds left(not very much or good ones around here). also the usual throwing reaction type baits along the bank. but i find it hard when the fishing is so good during the summer, but struggle in the spring and fall.

I think this fall is going to be different then in the past years. With the water temps not being what they should be and the lack off weeds on lakes the fish didn't seem to make it out as deep as they normally do. I'm not sure what this will do to the fall bite, but I think it might move them up a little earlier as they will not have as far to travel. The other option is for them to just stay out where they are (which is not as far out as they should be) until really cold water hits. Could be interesting fall.

sicheneder- I dont think the fish have moved from their summer haunts yet. You may have just fished some tough weather pattern... Keep in mind also, this year if very strange in that at least in the Chisago Lakes area out lakes are as low as I have ever... EVER seen them. So, the deep spots really arent deep spots any more. I have caught fish this year in areas I wouldnt even think of fishing normal years.

Fall is time for shallow rocks, and inside(green) weed bends... Dying pads as well... but were going to need some cooler temps before that starts to happen...