• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Belle Plaine Hunter - Charged?

22x

Exactly macho. Too many people are taking things and twisting them this way and that. It is pretty clear that this family loved their little boy unconditionally and that it was a tragic accident. I really feel for them, and hate to see all the comments to bring out the lynch mob. They are going through enough the way it is, no need for others to make it harder on them.

Let me pose this question. If no death would have occured, what should the punishment have been for someone who had no license, was trespassing, and had chemicals in their system? $50 fine and 30 days of work release sounds about right to me. add the fact there was an accident (death or no death) and to me the punishment should have been worse. I feel for the family, but since he drank at home (alledgedly) he should not have gone hunting later.

Another thing that sticks out at me here is the value that the dad placed on the turkey. He split up from his son in order to make the kill, excluding his son from the adventure. This is not aligned with my priorities when afield with kids.

It was a horrible accident. WHAT IF questions don't do anything but stir the pot.

What if Adolph Hitler died in an accident when he was 10 years old?

What if JFK hadn't been assisinated?

What if Reagan had?

"if"-- little word with a big meaning.

Done is done. Let them be.

I dont want to be a jerk, but pot does not stay in your system if you are a casual user. If you are a chronic user it does stay in your system for 30 days.

He was tested for alcohol four hours after the shooting. .05 when tested - I submit that time of the shooting his BA would have been .08-.09

However, I am sure he will be done drinking and using - and will never be able to pick up a firearm again. His wife is strong and stands by him - thats one [PoorWordUsage] of a woman!

Actually, .08 is the legal limit for operating a motor vehicle. I wasn't aware there were legal limits for other activities. Whatever, we are all aware that a person shouldn't drink any amount of alcohol before picking up a firearm. We also all have our own opinions regarding this unfortunate incident. Hopefully, many people including the father, have learned a valuable lesson from all this. However, I do think it's now time to move on and discuss more pleasant subjects. grin

Sounds like he has a great family and I do feel for them. I still feel, however, this accident was avoidable if he had been responsible. You never leave your child and you never drink when hunting. If I had knowingly not got my license cause I forgot a check, had a couple of beers, wandered on to posted land and accidently shot someone, what would the penalty be? That's all I'm asking. Yea he has to live with it and it would be He11 to live with. I do agree with the Comunity Service he recieved, I think it will be good for other hunters to hear it from him and scare them straight.

If I had knowingly not got my license cause I forgot a check, had a couple of beers, wandered on to posted land and accidently shot someone, what would the penalty be?

If you accidentally shot your own kid the penalty would be the same as this guy received after taking into account past criminal history and other common sense factors.

Let's also keep in mind that Tony was an outstanding person as evidenced by 70 people questioned about his moral character, regardless of some poor decision making on his part the day of the shooting.

He has made no denial in regards to having a few beers earlier in the day. He has made no denial about the marijuana in his system. He has taken full responsibility for what has happened and now he has to pay for it for the rest of his life.

There's no mistake about that fact that Hunter was everthing to Tony. They were not only father/son, they were best friends. There are other facts to this story the media has neglected to point out. I will not name my sources. But as was mentioned, nobody in these forums was there to know what exactly transpired that day and you never will.

It is now time for everyone to put down your axe and go about your own life.

Rest assured that throughout the 10 years of probation, there will be mandatory drug testing, and as many are hoping, you don't have to worry about Tony being in the woods any time soon. Not just because of the conviction in court, but because of his own convictions he will impose upon himself.

This event is something that he will carry with him everywhere he goes.