• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Vegetable Garden

gundy89

I'd love to hear some ideas from you guys. I cannot keep my 3 year old lab out of the vegetable garden. She eats the tomatoes, Squash, and beans. Her favorites though are the yellow squash and the tomatoes. Yes, it is fenced in. The problem is that the dog can jump the fence. I've outlined the territories, caught her in the act, but she doesn't stop. I feed her twice a day, a little over a cup and a half each time. Thanks for the help. I have a fenced in yard and don't really want to tie her up if I don't have too. (I know she can jump the fence, but I haven't had any issues with her getting out.)

Obvious answer which I am sure you already don't want to do.....but taller fence would be the best guarantee. Otherwise E-fence it.

Or you could just add some addition to the top of the fence with just wire surrounding it....kind of like fences with the barbed wired that run on top of them....only without the barbs.

my lab use eat anything in the garden, until he grabbed a hot pepper, you could see the look on his face. He still likes veggies. I dont let him run loose, he gets in to to much stuff like golf clubs, fishing rods or anything rotten.