• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Please Read: Natural Resources Need Your Help!

Giant_Jackpot

How come the PETA/Disney post gets more responses than the 3/16 post? Have you been paying attention to the news and outdoors sections recently? The 3/16 initiative has some real steam going this year, but it needs your help. Please click on the link below and find out who your reps are and send them an e-mail asking for their support. PLEASE! It only takes a few moments.

If you need more info, check out the Minnesota Game & Fish Coalition or the Minnesota Outdoor Heritage Association. There are two articles in the latest Outdoor News regarding the issue as well.

http://maps.commissions.leg.state.mn.us/HSOforum/districts/

Way to keep things in perspective GJ. Support the local landscape. Who cares about PETA and disney. You think they will have any kind of effect in MN, the land of 10,000 lakes, the state where boat registrations outnumber residents 2:1

I wrote my congressman and senator in support of the 3/16 bill.

Stable funding is essential if real progress in terms of protecting and improving our natural resources is ever going to get done in this state. I think the problem with a lack of response to this issue is that most people reading this feel that they don't have the time to get involved in politics, well guys, that's exactly why we are in the shape we are in. The people that are elected to represent us can only make a decision based on what they hear from their constituents. Please take the time to let your local politicians know how you feel on this. It only takes a few minutes to send them an email and if you don't know who to write to, just go to the link provided and fill in your address. A screen will pop up giving you all the information you will need. If you're not familiar with all the 3/16's or 4/16's jargon just go to the outdoors section of the Star Tribune, MN Outdoors Weekly, or Outdoor News HSOforum and you should be able to get enough information to make a decision. All this comes down to is politics, and whether you like it or not, all of us have a responsibility to make our voice heard. This issue, out of all the other issues that our lawmakers will face this session, deserves the chance to be voted upon by the people of Minnesota. Please answer the call to get involved by letting your local reps know how you feel.

Check out the latest Outdoor News. The editor is asking all of us to do what I have been encouraging in my posts. Write to your reps and make sure they know you want them to support the 3/16 initiative. Click on the link at the top of this topic to find your reps. It's easy and takes little time. Thanks!