• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Why Can't Joe Nathan............

zamboni

Isn't since the Twins inception what counts? When you compare 2 teams side by side, you don't go by who won WS the first 2 times before my great great great grandparents were around. Congrats on the title, Chi Town- first one in like 100 years. I do like the Cubs though.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does it seem like when Nathen comes in he always walks a batter??? I dont know what has been wrong with this guy but he hasnt been the same since the all-star break. I still consider him one of the best closers in the game.

100% correct, earn your money going in the 8th and 9th inning, you see alot of other closers in baseball do that. Do you think its Gardy being stubborn by not doing that?? I would love to see him come in the 8th they might have maybe 8-10 more wins this season if that happened.

He is a situational pitcher, and performs completely different when he is put in with a run or two lead, or if he is put in with a tie or in the rare instances he has been put in when we were either getting blown out or blowing the other team out. I have alot of confidence in him when he is in to do what he is getting paid to do, and that is get a save. Why not leave the guy that pitched the 7th in there to pitch the 8th? I admit I was a little excited when Guardado came back here, but now I am starting to remember why we let him go.