• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Varmits

Tofishem

Anybody ever had varmits coming up your ice hole while fishing? Or had a varmit make their nest while you were away from your permanent house? What a mess these little muskrats can make. This varmit has been terrorizing us for 2 years now!

Yes I have had fox did under my house and get in and do his or her thing all over the floor in my house. You should smell that. It would also dump the bait and eat all of that.

------------------
catch them all big fat an small

I had a muskrat come up my hole one time and he was carrying a piece of root or whatever it is muskrats eat. He sat hunched over and was gnawing away until his eyes got adjusted to the darkness (It was just a little 4X4 house with plywood floor and thick canvas, and my windows were sealed up, so it was DARK). I could almost see the expression on it's little "face" change when he realized he wasn't where he thought he should be---and he wasn't alone. Then he panicked and hit the hole hard, splashed me in the face and was gone forever. I still have to chuckle when I think about it.