• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Least favorite fishin' tv shows

Scoot

Johnny B I would love to get copies of the In-Fisherman television show from the 1980's. I contacted In-Fisherman this years looking to get programs before 1989 and was told that it was too costly to transfer them to vhs and sell to the consumer. So all this classic information is sitting on a shelf. I have every show from 1989 to present, but would be very interested in getting copies of In-Fisherman television specials from pre 1989. Look forward to hearing from you.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once upon a time, I would have said i enjoyed John Gillespie's Waters and Woods. I am now 180 degrees from that position. I do like the fact that he fishes in local midwest waters and not some Canadian locale where any stiff could catch a fish. However, he is so obnoxious and just CANNOT shut his mouth. It is usually the same insipid dialogue " Is this about the average size you get here ? " Will the fishing stay this good for a while?" and ( to the guide) "Do you have any openings.?"

The worst part is in the way they treat the fish. Notice the next time you watch it how long Gillespie or his guests hold the poor fish out of the water while he slobbers on and on. Last but not least is the annoyingly blatant commercialization of everything used on the show. :" Get the Frabil!! How long till we have the Johnsonville's? Let get on the Yamahas's."

I like to keep my posts to FM positive, but just had to weigh in my feelings on a good show gone bad.