• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another lead change in the AL Central

UdeLakeTom

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary,

Looks like the Twinks just backed into a huge help with Quentin going down for the year with a broken wrist. Should be all the sweeter if we still manage to beat the Twinks even without our MVP superstar. My guess is the odds have to be stacked huge in the Twinks favor now, I would say at least 10 to 1 if not more that they win the division. Sox have a monumental task ahead of them for sure.

Windy

Quote:
And your choice for MVP would be who, KMR?

I'll handle this easy one guys~~~~~ grin

Justin Morneau .311 avg 22 hr's 113 Rbi's 40 doubles and Gold glove type Fielding.

Carlos Quentin .288 avg 36 hr's 100 rbi's 26 doubles and below average Fielding skills.

Throw in the FACT that Morneau does not have the smidgen of talent batting behind him that Quentin has.

I thinks its clear who the real MVP is between this two.

Did I mention Carlos Quentin has Struck out more often and walked less then Morneau also.....

Thanks for playing tho!..grin

gamesetmatchcustomjz4.jpg

I'm going to throw out something here....If the TWINS come back again and take the division, while the Sox go home, it will be devastating for them. With the Twins even staying in the race, it is a huge success. The Sox are an OLD team, without many years left....the MN TWINS are a very young team, with talent and "upside".

We get frustrated with some of Gardy's moves......but the guy's "on the bubble" get a few more chances to keep thier job, before the axe falls. We will see some changes to the bullpen this off-season for sure.

Morneau could very well win the MVP if the Twins dont make the playoff's, what am I saying "IF". They won't make the playoff's and he will be in the top 3 for the title. After watching the Twins this weekend there is no way they will catch Boston for the wildcard and they won't catch the Sox too many sluggers on that team to give up a 2-1/2 game lead.

I will say congrats to you right now on the Al Central title.

Holy cow, we are having to get a revolving door on the Twins bandwagon. Jump on and then Jump off. Lots of time left to take the division. No need to panic.

Pierbridge nicely said on the big guy. Stats don't lie.

Windy your doing fine without Quentin. 1 man does not make the team.....EVERYBODY READY FOR THE BIG PUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!except Windy.

G.C.

LOL

I love it Gary! I just sit back and watch the panic set in. It's a good thing there are not too many tall buildings in MN or there would be bodies flying everywhere, LOL

Jump on, Jump off, Jump on, Jump off!

Wax on, Wax off......... LOL

Windy

So Pier,

I guess I will ask you the same question that people are asking me. Does Morneau win the MVP on a team that does not make the playoffs?

Windy

Probably not,...... just pointing out how much better a baseball player Morneau is currently then Quentin and if the award wasn't heavily slanted toward a playoff team Morneau would be a LOCK over CQ to win the award. In other words if the Twins pull this out your boy has ZERO chance for the MVP.

Like stated above there are some games left and with the White Sox's 90 year history of disappointment and late season collapses..... it ain't over till it's over!

No way, Pier. I had them pegged all along to win this game....that is one of the 7 or 8 them will win! LOL

This one came out of nowhere, was not even on the radar screen, man, but I'll take it. I am sure they will break my heart somewhere down the line but for today, we are king in the castle!

Windy