• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Another lead change in the AL Central

UdeLakeTom

dude,

I think Gary was reffering to all the Gnashing of teeth and wailing that was going on when the Twinks were down by a game and a half! He is just stating that he is a glass half full guy. I will give him that and here's hoping the glass is half full of something distilled with about 86 proof or better because I think this is going to be one exciting ride as much as leechbait thinks different!

Windy

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very good windy. I do only need 80 Proof so far, as I only have the sox to worry about. I have seen to many seasons in my time. Late September is another story.

dude I would think you would understand that one.

G.C.

Did I just agree with Windy.?????????

I been harping on my GF to think PETER POSITIVE, but I just can't get her to go for it yet (her name is not Nelly though, so there is always a chance she will change)!!!

BTW, saw the replay, and that was a terrible call. If one game means anything at season end, that would be too bad.

But bad calls happen occassionally...just hoping it ends up as meaningless.

Geno,

I just got a look at the replay at lunch and all I can say is that the umpires call is not final because it is right, it is right because it is final. Think about that for a while!

I did not realize that AJ had such a wing span, or was that light that an infielder could knock him over with a feather!

Windy

Ya but the kicker is the ump that made the call did not see the "so called contact". He was looking at 2nd base and watching the player receive the ball, then turned around and saw AJ crying and pointing his finger at someone, and then he made the call.

G.C.

Can't find it either maybe check over at Rube-Chat but trust me it's insane the fielder never touched AJ even when AJ did his act and stuck out his arm to initiate contact I don't believe contact was made and then he just flopped.

Pathetic from AJ's and the umpires standpoint.

13792c4ad6rays082520081gz9.jpg

Mike,

Let me guess, you loved him when he was sporting the Twinkie uni and making those plays against the White Sox, right?

Windy

It's the old saying.....

You hate him when he's on the other team, and you hate him just a bit less when he's on yours.

Mike,

Let me guess, you loved him when he was sporting the Twinkie uni and making those plays against the White Sox, right? LOL And it was the same ump who gave him the drop 3rd strike call in the 2005 playoffs against the Angels, pretty weird!

Windy

You guessed wrong. I have never liked AJ. I will admit I hate him A LOT more now that he's with the Sox though.

That's what I thought, Mike and Pier. I was just stirring the pot a bit. And if anybody is looking for the replay it was on mlb dot com but not sure if it still is. And to put to rest the controversy AJ did not run out of the baseline on the grass, he came close but was always on the dirt and there was contact made ever so slight contact but contact still the same but AJ did look like a condor coming in for a landing. He had the landing gear down and elbows fully extended and did an Acadamy Award Winning flop after the slight contact was made.

Windy

how would he get pushed when he is falling backwards? that was a horrible call!!!!!!! He falls flailing his arms out and gets rewarded.....The things we are teaching our kids....cheating is good and if you are not good enough quit. (9 year old Conneticut boy can't pitch cause he is too good the other team forfeited when he took the mound).......

I didn't mind AJ when he was a Twin. I was sorry to see him go to the Sox because he now is the enemy. One thng I will say for him is that you have to be on the ball to know how to take advantage of these situations. As far as teaching our kids, we are the ones teaching. When we see something wrong, point it out and explain why it is wrong. AJ is not the teacher. The 9 year old thing still has me confused. How can you justify walking off because something is too hard?