• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Parts that are no longer available?

311Hemi

Anyone have any ideas on where to locate parts that are no longer available?

I am trying to locate a Merc 8140 Fuel Bowl. I have called around a number of places but have not been able to locate one. It's off an 83' 25hp.

Twin City Outboard in Shakopee mn?

I think thye close at 1:00pm on Fridays, but could be open Sat.

Good luck!

Is Twincity a sponcer?

I see them mentioned often,but dont see their name in Sponcer List? If their not How do the posts refering them stay up when other referals to non sponcers seem to disappear?

There is nothing wrong with recommending any business. We just cannot post direct contact info or web links.

I would also recommend trying Twin City Outboard. They have a huge inventory of early model parts.

There is nothing wrong with recommending any business. We just cannot post direct contact info or web links.

I would also recommend trying Twin City Outboard. They have a huge inventory of early model parts.

Thanks for being informative,I've asked a few different questions and quit asking on contact us cause of no replies.

Google "Merc 8140 Fuel Bowl" it looks they are about $16 plus shipping.

Also the Carburetor manufacturer would have this part I would assume.

Did that. The places that have them listed don't have any stock of them any more....they just have not updated their sites.

I will call the other places listed here....and possibly try to find the carb manufacturer.

Thanks.

Well, still no luck. I guess this is a hard part to find.

Anyone else have any trick up their sleeve?

Somebody tried to repair this one and it shows. I guess I can try to undo their repair and do my own fix. Not sure exact what they were attempting to repair in the first place....but they did some melting on the bottom of it. It's a plastic bowl.

Anyone know if I can retrofit a new merc carb to this engine? Say fitting a carb from a 1985 20hp Merc to the 1983 25hp merc. Engine looks almost identical other than the carbs. Maybe the ICU maybe be different also.

Hard to think that this engine is just junk.......but maybe so.....

Did you call mercury to see if they have a replacement part? Often part numbers are discontinued and repalced with new part numbers. At times they aren't good about listing the replacement part.

One time I had to take a photo of my tilt and trim switch as it did not resemble any part listed and after taking with 3 separate marine parts dealers with the original part in my hand it was still a mystery. A couple of close up photo revealed two part number and appearance changes.

Good Luck in your search.

I did not call Mercury....but it's worth a shot. Twin City Outboard knew the exact part I was looking for and said they are hard to come by, so I would assume they would know if there was a replacement. Either was I will still call Merc or the carb manufacturer.

I got the engine for cheap....so I need to make sure the rest of it is still in decent operating order before investing any money. It feels like one cylinder may be a little low on compression...but I lost my tester so I need to get another this week.

I am going to try to clean and coat this piece with resin and fiberglass to try to stop the leak.

I was surfing the net and saw your post. I looked on Mercury No longer available list and here is the dealership that says that they have one.

1 QUINN'S MARINE LTD PEFFERLAW ON 12/03/2002

Hope that helps