• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

What ever happened to the Walleye/Bass license plates?

LEECH21

I haven't heard or seen anything about them (the winning plate design was horrible in my opinion). I entered in the artwork contest and was in the top 10. Does anyone know if they just threw out the entry and are going with something else?

When was that? I don't see any information on either the DNR or DPS websites about any Critical Habitat plates other than the loon and the deer.

Last I read, they had decided to change it to a largemouth bass, since they still wanted the fish in the image to be leaping out of the water. Idiots. A walleye laying just above a rubble lake floor would be the perfect background.

When was that? I don't see any information on either the DNR or DPS websites about any Critical Habitat plates other than the loon and the deer.

I'm I missing something here? How does a deer qualify as "critical habitat"? They thrive almost anyplace, even in the burbs. Our warmer weather has contributed to the increase all over the state.

Maybe they use the funds collected to shoot the over abundance of deer with the special hunts, which are now common.

I checked with the State at the beginning of the summer and they said that the DNR had not been able to agree on a redesign and the State was waiting to hear from the DNR - did not seem like anyone was in a rush to resolve it one way or another and get it issued.

I agree with you. There are plenty of incredibly talented artists, designers and illustrators in the state that would gladly jump to the occasion. I know I would if given the chance.

On a related note, I just got my plates renewed. It seems like they are getting more and more ugly as the years go by. The new ones seem like a joke.