• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Favorite Fishing TV Shows?

early007

Fish On! Guide Service,
Sorry, I have to say Dimestore Fisherman as my all time favorites. Very eunthusiastic, fish same species as I do in MN, and it is such as intellectual program. Really get the brain firing on all cylinders!-Well, maybe not the last part.

I also like Angling Edge, In-Fisherman, and Bass Pro Outdoor World. Basically I will watch any fishing show that is not bass fishing. I can only take so much Southern drawl and constant casting and catching and I have to turn it.

Shelley and Courtney, without a doubt. Unlike most of the shows, they don't pretend to be experts - but actually let the guides/hosts explain what they are doing and why. Great scenery, plenty of fish, the obligatory cooking segment (again, often with a REAL expert), and did I mention the scenery?

to quote Gillespie...

"hooked a nice frabill on my frabill out on lake frabill last frabill when I scooped him up in my frabill he weighed 8 frabills"

of course he's screaming this at the top of his lungs and as mentioned previously, has to scream it three times. Unwatchable.

Anglers Edge, Babe Winkleman, Tony Dean are the 3 that I watch. Midwest outdoors is ok. The only thing I don't like about these shows is all the commercials! There was one fishing show on a local cable access channel. It was terrible! Camera sitting on the guy holding a walleye that was about 1.5 for about 5 minutes with sporadic commentary.

Anyone ever watch Outdoor Quest with the 2 dudes that fish in the front of the boat together? They usually fish walleyes and are pretty good about telling you the techniques they are using. Their fishing show is usually good, but their hunting segments are questionable. It's on weird hours on the Outdoor Channel.

I'm not a huge fan of Joe Bucher and In-Fisherman's format of switching fish species every five minutes. I feel like they are just getting into something and then they switch to cats or carp or smallies. I realize they try to appeal to all fisherman, but this just isn't for me. Very knowledgeable guys, but in need of a consistent show!

GO FISH!!!!
I laughed harder watching that show than any other show on tv.
If anyone knows where to get the shows on dvd or tape let me know.
If your fish gets hung up just call on the bassman to get your big bass in the brush.

Lindners' Anglers Edge the fav, but Canadian Sportfishing is rapidly overtaking that spot. The Capras' show gets the remote and John Gillespie ain't far behind. Imagine being SENTENCED to fish with them! Capras' Attitude, always "LOOK AT ME" (Would never get the boat away from the dock) and Gillespie is always advertising. The first time I seen Gillespies' show I said, "If he were in MY boat and started yelling like that, He WOULDN'T BE! I'd only hope he knows how to walk on water. If not, he's in deep @%!"

I like Gilliespie. A new show every week and current season. Fishing with his excitement would be like fishin with a kid who has all the equippment and knows what their doing.

Brian