• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Record Cat on Barbie Rod

NTW

haha! awesome!!

I never look down on those kids rods, with the "snoopy" rod being the most classic for me.

Back when I was 9 or 10, I was in cub scouts on a camping trip out on some property our scoutmaster owned in Louisiana somewhere. There was a pond we were fishing one day, and our Scoutmaster happened to be using his kid's snoopy rod cuz the kid wanted to use a "real" rod. The scoutmaster ended up catching a 30+ pound carp on it, took forever to get the darn thing landed!

To be honest with you, I have no idea what is living in that cesspool. The carp was caught 15+ years ago...

I did notice that there were like 7 people fishing in there this Spring when I drove by one evening. Must be something in there???

7 or 8 years ago when I lived in Mankato, we caught several different species in Hiniker. Carp, Bass, Northerns, panfish, etc.

Wow, that is crazy. I saw the DNR reports for it and it only shows they found black crappies, bluegills, sunfish, redhorse, and white crappie. But, it does say they have stocked adult northerns and walleyes in it almost every year.

Originally Posted By: The J-Man!
7 or 8 years ago when I lived in Mankato, we caught several different species in Hiniker. Carp, Bass, Northerns, panfish, etc.

Wow, that is crazy. I saw the DNR reports for it and it only shows they found black crappies, bluegills, sunfish, redhorse, and white crappie. But, it does say they have stocked adult northerns and walleyes in it almost every year.

We used to watch schools of carp swim the shorelines all the time. They didn't always want to eat, but they were surely there. People used to fish that pond constantly when I lived down there.