• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

It all depends on what type of fishing your going to do. In my experience super lines work great for Lake Superior fishing - especially for trolling or deep water jigging(I also use them for casting). I have gone to the lighter colored crystal and use flourocarbon leader at least three feet. I guess the only place I wouldn't use it is drifting spawn in the river

Yup,Dave hit on it right. Superlines work well, and now even better with Fireline Crystal... If you have a moss or green colored line, just add a leader using a back to back uni-knot with some mono or fluoro.

Thanks guys. I was ready to respool 4 reels with 20 to 25 lb mono, now I'll just add mono or fluorcarbon leaders.

All of my superlines are green and I plan on trolling some rapalas in the shallows then go deeper with dipsy divers.

I've been running 8lb Fireline with a 10' leader. Seems to be working. Got to have that leader, so that when you snag up, the line will break before your rod. I've donated a few lures to the lake. As far getting deeper I get down 20-25' with tail dancers at 200' out. Trolling is all I have been able to do there lately be cause of the wind. Good luck.