• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Ice House vandals captured

Terry Hagstrom

A few years back a bunch of houses got broken in to, mine included. They caught the guys a few days later. They claimed they got scared and threw all the stuff out in the road ditches. Of course they didn't know where they threw the items. I got nothing from them and they got a small fine. What a joke!!!!

I would like to catch some of these people in the act, I guarentee they wouldn't try it again!!! A couple of years ago I had my house broke into they broke the door and stole my heater,lantern and off all things my ice scooper. Well I fixed the house and put it on another lake, the next night I showed up to my fishouse(In a area no one fishes) and to my dismay I look and there hangs my scimmer from the door with my name on it!!! I'll tell you this takes alot of nerve to do this and of all things it was like they were rubbing in there accomplishment in my face.

ya thats pretty sad,the few dollars they get for the stuff,what do they do buy more gas,to hit a different lake? they should loose there vehicles,license,and pay for all the damages even if they did it to your house or someone elses on the lake they got caught

IceHawk, you have to be kidding, they hung the skimmer on your door? That is messed up. Too bad the DNR can't set up a decoy fish house rigged with cameras, booby traps and permanant ink like they put in money. Just set a house out far from any other houses close to a plowed road and leave either a bunch of depth finders and rods in there, or a bunch of stuff they can use to cook up their meth.

Actually, there should be one more big house out by the decoy house filled with a buch of us [PoorWordUsage]ed off fishermen. As soon as the ***holes got out of the truck, we'll slash the tires and cut the belt and really lay into those ****less pieces of ****.

If the full story comes out, I'll bet they were robbing to support a meth habbit.

Want revenge. Spread a rumor at the local jail where they are being held that they are not ice house thieves but are pedophiles. Class 3 pedophiles that were transferred in from other jails. Ya, I see them lasting long.

Wouldn't it be ironic if someone robbed their house while they were in the joint? smile.gif

Seriously, if it were my stuff, I would be in the County Attorney's office demanding a strong sentence. Show up at the trial in numbers. Offer to testify at the sentencing about your loss. Don't let these hoods use the system and get off with probation. Make them clean highway ditches on 90 degree days. When citizens start to push County Attorney's and Judges for stiff sentences, maybe some of these idiots will think twice.

[This message has been edited by walleyehawk (edited 02-05-2004).]

I do believe Farley has the right idea, they use decoy deer to catch poachers. Why not set up a decoy house. Use a pager system like off a tip-up, someone opens the door and sets off the pager. They could ask for people to sign-up for fishing times, to give the appearance of being used. Use the states equipment, just bring your own minnows smile.gif.

I have to agree with walleye hawk I have been taken three times now I have given up
on the law people. I have taken the stuff that they left behind to the law (beer bottles part of a licence tag off of on of there sleds chip bags )this is all stuff they left in my house. the law didnt do any thing to even find out. I probly shouldnt say stuff like this but I am only out about 2 grand and have to replace it again this happened on LOW. Now I fish out so far they will be lost if they find my house.

------------------
catch them all big fat an small

I think they should be put on display in a cage at the next big ice fishing event. Then, they could sell frozen tomatoes for a buck apiece. The money could be used to recoup the people they robbed..........T

I know that there have been three people arrested in Glencoe, MN for alot of fish house break-ins and vandalism. These pieces of garbage also broke into many storage garages. This might be your suspects if you live in the Meeker, McLeod, Wright county areas mor than those they cought in Waseca. I know they (Glencoe P.D.)have tons of stuff that they have recovered, including a stolen fishouse, tools, ect. Contact them.

I thought you guys would like another story about stupid thieves. On Christmas Day my buddies house was broke into at 4 O'clock in the afternoon. With people watching everybody thought we knew him because he kept going in and out of the house to the tune of 3000 dollars. He had his portable set up between our houses. We found the damage the next day when we went to fish and talk to our friends. We got the cops to come on the ice to investigate, while I was fishing, I looked out the window and saw a vehicle matching the description of the one that broke into his house. I walked over to my friends house with the cops still at his house. I told them this is to good to be true but the guy that broke into my friends fish house is setting up his house about 100 yards away. He either has a lot of guts or is very dumb. My friend wanted to go right over there but the cops said that we would be infringing on his rights so they went to talk to him. He was the guy but he only had part of his stuff with him. The guy was either lucky or unlucky that the cops were there that day. You decide? Ha Ha

Send them to Red Lake and let the I.B.O.T.'s clamp them. all I can say is ouch! I seen that thing, and it's gotta hurt.

------------------
en kala
(I fish)