• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Question about G5 Montec broadheads

If I shot a compound, these are the heads I would shoot. I recomend them. I have tuned some compounds for them with ease. they fly like bullets and leave good bloodtrails.

Just like the Snuffers I shoot, Only smaller and with MUCH less work.

the G5 striker broadheads are better than the montecs i believe. replaceable blades that are diamond sharpened, not forged like the montec. so, much sharper. fly better too.

I have to respectfully disagree. Learn how to sharpen a 60 degree broadhead like the Montec, Hellraiser, or Snuffer SS and you'll have a blade that is absolutely wicked sharp. If you do a search for "BB" and "Snuffer SS" you'll find a tutorial on how to make them scarey sharp.

That being said, I am shooting Strikers this year- just easier to replace the blade than to hand sharpen it.

I have only used Montec broadheads, but they seem to work great.

I arrowed a deer last year , right in the heart, and is made a perfect X mark right through muscle. Very clean, fast kill.

Now if I could only do that shot again-

I've taken 6 deer in the last two years with Montecs and dont have any complaints. Every one has been a clean pass through with a good blood trail, or the deer dying within my sight. I also X-ed the heart of a doe with one and it really is amazing was a nice clean hole it put through the heart. I wouldnt say that their durability is great, but probably better than average.

Ok, of the 6 deer I have taken with these, I have only been able to re-use one of the montecs. One hit bone in the deer and bent fairly signifcantly, one stuck in a sapling behind the deer and bent one of the blades, a third stuck in an offhand shoulder and was unuseable when I retreived it (again bent). The other two hit the dirt and got beat up pretty severly (not the fault of the broadhead, just a fact of where the arrow ended up)

Thats one of the downsides of a fixed blade vs a removable blade.

Dont get me wrong, I absolutely love Montecs and won't shoot anything else, but I havent had great luck being able to reuse them so far.