• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

New Metallica Single

hoppe56307

The music isn't that bad. It's a little more chilled out than some earlier stuff. Hetfield's voice is awful though. I can't believe they wouldn't get his vocals right. I dig the drums and guitar though. It gets rockin' about half way through.

I finally listened to "The Day That Never Comes" this morning. My thoughts:

1)It's really long-7m55s!

2)I like how it switches from semi-ballad to rockin midway thru

3)Vocals aren't great

4)Gotta love the guitar near the end tho-Kirk Hammett is inspiring. He really shows his stuff!

While I didn't LOVE the song, it so far sounds head and shoulders above ANYTHING on St. Anger. I can't wait to hear more.

I listen to 93X from 6am-4pm and I swear to god they play it every hour on the hour and I am already sick of it. Why does 93X always do that with any new music, play it too much and you get sick of it right away.

Good gravy guys - why not just cut your hair in mullets and live in the past. Musicians grow and move - sometimes in ways we aren't used to. Give it some time.

For metal guys - some of you are really set in your ways, like crotchety old men talking about the olden days. LOL wink

(just needling some of you a bit - don't bite back too hard!!) wink

They claim that this new song is the most mellow of the album. The back half of the song isn't too bad.

Exactly............. I almost gave up but figured I owed them the decency to Finnish the entire song after years of sharing their music... wink

Don't you ever listen to the radio and hear a song and say..."Wow, that's a great song!"

Some "grow" on you...but I expect more from a band that has blown me away in the past.

If they changed their style, that is fine. There are plenty of other bands that I like out there.

And, but the way....93X always plays songs over and over and over.... Boring station after Randy Shaver in the morning....