• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Late Summer Perching

Got a call from "Z" around 5ish this afternoon and said "Were getting some perch on the Mi Kong want to go?" In a flash I was gone perching rods in hand and plenty of panfish assasins. Didn't take us long to get into them and we caught 41 keepers and I boated two walleyes one legal and a throw back. Not bad for a couple hours fishing. We had a good chop out on the water and we made the move from 1/16 to 1/8 oz. jigs to keep the plastics close to the bottom. Wecaught twice as many with the throwbacks. Had a ball Z and thanks for the call. This is my last week umpiring everything wraps up on Sunday afternoon. heading to the State Fair Saturday with Momma for a Journey, Cheap Trick, Heart concert.Her'e a couple of fast pics from this evening..

1001217ko8.jpg

1001218bk2.jpg

Thanks for the on lake update Jay... Things were heating up as we were talking but the heat got to us fast it was flipping hot out there and no matter how cool we tried to get it was too much even with biting perch to take. mad I was about ready to go for a dip before we had enough and bailed... Got the tops of my legs face and neck cooked good. Had a fantastic time with Tuzzy and Z. Z joined us around 10:30 and stayed after we departed. We caught about 20-25 nice big perch and a nice eater walleye for our efforts so on Lake Desert a pretty good day. cool Talked to a guy at the launch that was fishing near us and he only caught one perch, lol. Here's some picks from the trip. Next is a cool down shower and relax until dinner.

Aaron I will look for you and the wife by the beer tent tomorrow Bub..

1001222qw9.jpg

1001223gy5.jpg

1001225fc7.jpg

1001227ez3.jpg

Tuzzy you got some fish to clean.. Well done buddy...

1001226gd7.jpg

Gerat job guys. I seen you at the concert, but it was too loud to get your attention. We were right above the stair way. It was a good show. The wife got too see Heart, and I have to say they put on a good show. I was a little dissappointed with Cheap Trick. And Journey did a great job. The new singer sounds just like Steve Perry.

Yeah Heart was real good, but I didn't see much of Journey because this girl and her toothless friends stood in front of us and just would not sit down, after three times asking they paid the ultimate price and brought home the the minty smell of Longhorn on there backsides of blue there jeans the boyfriend was so trashed he through up his hands witha 1/3 of a cup of beer and nailed me in the shorts with it. When I told him what hedid he tried to hug me and say he was sorry... wrong move as I threw a 1/3 of cup of beer on his shorts. Other than that it was great time and watching Joan Jett was pretty cool too earlier in the day...

That stinks! We has a toothless wack job over by us, but he was far enough away not to bother us. The woman in front of me wouldn't sit down during Journey, but I didn't mind her much! whistlewink

Tood and I played hookie today looking for some perch and didn't find many at all. We started early and caught a few crappies and a couple of nice sunnies and found a few small whie bass. Still good to be out on the water instead of being at work. Wind was out of the east early in the morning and flipped south east. Conditions were over cast and spotty rain all morning. Water temp has dropped about 8 degrees since last weekend so were getting there. Took a few photo's...

1001228vm7.jpg

1001229cw2.jpg

1001231kl7.jpg

1001232ua0.jpg

All fish released...

I didn't see much of Journey because this girl and her toothless friends stood in front of us and just would not sit down

You worn out old fart...who ever heard of sitting down at a rock concert??? lol