• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Who has a good selection of flashing sizes/colors?

fishlips

I am looking for flashing that will go between the vinyl siding and cultered stone on the front of our house. The major home stores have limited colors and sizes. I need something with a small drip edge (1") so it doesn't deter from the stone. Any suggestions on a place in the north metro that would have a good selection of flashing (L shaped drip cap)?

thanks!

Usually you can get coil stock any color and then have someone with a brake, bend it for you. Siders normally do this type of work. I have a 10 foot brake that we use to make all the colored flashings we need. The stores normally just have white, brown, and galvanized.

I've done what your looking for many times. As Roffer said, this will be done with a brake. Call a siding contractor and set up a time and place. You'll want the bottom lip of the L doubled over which will make for a strong, clean, and straight edge. Not to mention any trim that low to the ground is going to get bumped. Joints will over lap and a relief cut on that double lip for a slip joint. Back to the profile of that drip cap. I'd go with a Z style instead of the L but still double over the edge.

The extra brake with the Z will make for a stronger profile and is also intended to stop water that'll travel back and up by surface tension.

You'll give the profile with measurements to the guy on the brake. If the starter strip is already in place, you'll slide the flashing behind it. If you need to fasten that trim at any point it should be predrilled first then use aluminum trim nails.

You can also give a call to any HVAC company. They have breaks and can normally bend whatever you want, just drop off the material, and pick it up after a while.

Provide them with a drawing of what you want, and they normally have more equipment then a brake if you need extra stuff done.