• GUESTS

If you want access to members only forums on HSO, you will gain access only when you Sign-in or Sign-Up .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member. ?

Polaris shutting off when put in reverse

Reynolds

My dad called me the other day about a problem he has been having with his '99 Magnum 325. Apparently when he puts the quad in reverse, the motor kills and will not start. Any ideas on what may be causing this problem?

Try holding the reverse override button when it acts up. If it works good with the button held in, it is probably the wheel speed sensor. Not as likely but it is also possible that the speedometer is bad.

Outfitter, there a good chance thats exactly what's happening, I've seen it happen before especially if you happen to have a key chain on it. It will on occasion hit the gas cap and turn the key.

This happened to me when I had my '00 SP500. I had a key ring and other keys on it. I was going across a plowed field scouting deer hutning areas and hit the keys on top of the gas tank, turning the key off. It concerned me to begin with, but then it happened...............The machine backfired so loud I swear it chased every deer out of the county.

I don't have a key ring with a bunch of keys, just the spare is on the ring. I do think that somehow it does bump the tank and shut it of, I have not seen it though. I am always looking backwards when it happens.